German defence woes (latest from The Times)

'Non-returning drones' are normally called 'cruise missiles'. Carriers of cruise or ballistic missiles hardly can be called as 'aircraft carriers' - 'missile cruiser' can be a better word. Same way, 'non returning drones without engines' are usually called 'air mines', and a 'carrier' of such 'drones' can be called as a 'mine launcher'.
Russian Aircraft carriers also known as reef

You didn't answer my question. You were talking about hypocrisy and funding the enemy and I said the U.S. was complicit too because of energy needs even after 9/11. You do love deflecting.

And just because you can frack in the U.S. doesn't mean you can do it elsewhere, in much highly dense places with limited space. The UK wants to - but every time they got on with the trials the earthquakes started happening. I am sure they would love to, but sometimes the geology and population density doesn't quite support it.

Yeh but most of don't care if Blackpool is levelled by earthquakes as a result of fracking.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
That would still leave us with HMS feeling vaguely annoyed .

Know fear, young man.
British sense of fear, as well as British sense of humour is rather different from other ones (every nation have its own fear patterns). I'll be glad to learn more about your fears.

British sense of fear, as well as British sense of humour is rather different from other ones (every nation have its own fear patterns). I'll be glad to learn more about your fears.
I fear little as I am an English man.

Tell me, what does a Russian fear? From my point of view , it is apparent that there is a need to present a macho face to the world on behalf of yourself and various manifestations of the KGB abomination. Are you representative of the Russian or do most of your kin just get on with their lives as normal folk. I would feel vaguely nauseous if I threatened someone with nuclear annihilation as part of my job description. Do you fear being unmanned?

It is apparent from your postings that you fear the West.

Please elaborate on your fears.

At the moment, I am trying to get someone to pay me to stay a night in a haunted house. Strangely, they want me to pay them. I do not fear ghosts. Do you fear the ghost of the Red Terror or embrace it?

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
I fear little as I am an English man.
Are you camparing yourself with other Brits, or compare English culture with other ones? If latter, than your statement is rather strange. English culture of horror (especially in literature and films) is very developed and sophisticated. Can you compare British and continental literature of horror? In fact, I think that logic of your statement is much more simple: "It is good to be brave, we are Brits, we are the best, so we are bravest men in the world". It is more of nationalism, than detached scientific logic.
When you have no understanding of foreign customs (and differents from your own), you think that they are same as you, but worse.

Tell me, what does a Russian fear?
Understanding fears of culture, needs understanding of the whole culture. Russian fears are part of their culture. I know English culture better than you know Russian one, but I still not understand the deep logic of your fears.
Shallow meeting with Russian culture can only confuse you. For example:
In a black-black city,
At dark nights
Black ambulances
With black doctors,
They go and laugh,
Sing their songs,
People in a black city die as flies.
But everything is at [the level of] my penis.
I made from the meat.
Most terrifying thing that can be -
I'll became a f----t!"
From my point of view , it is apparent that there is a need to present a macho face to the world on behalf of yourself and various manifestations of the KGB abomination.
Quite wrong. You think about Russians, as about Brits. Possession with a 'good fit' or 'socially acceptable image' is a typically British weirdness. Russians are not paying a sh-t for stupid shows. They do, what they think is right, and all others can go to hell.

Are you representative of the Russian or do most of your kin just get on with their lives as normal folk. I would feel vaguely nauseous if I threatened someone with nuclear annihilation as part of my job description. Do you fear being unmanned?
First, Russians understand that the nuclear weapon is their only protection against NATO. So, they love it.

It is apparent from your postings that you fear the West.
First - Russians don't affraid the 'West' as well, as the 'East' or the 'South'. Serbia, Cuba and Venezuela are parts of the 'West', too. Russians understand the threat from NATO, and work to eliminate this threat.
At the moment, I am trying to get someone to pay me to stay a night in a haunted house. Strangely, they want me to pay them. I do not fear ghosts. Do you fear the ghost of the Red Terror or embrace it?
First - there are no such things as 'ghosts' in Russian mythology. Most closest thing is 'Zlyden' (The Evil One) - an evil spirit, invisible, but sometimes heareble, causing disorder and povetry in a house. Educated Russians know about 'ghosts' of Western European Mythology, but usually dont belive in it.
Second - Russian understanding of the term 'Red' is rather different from English one. It second meaning is 'beauty', 'pretty'.
Third - slaughter of Western puppets (and White were mostly Western puppets) is a good, not bad thing.
Fourth - Russian understanding of the term 'terror' is rather different from British one. For example, it is highly associated with 'Islamistic terror', supported by Westies, especially Brits.

Are you camparing yourself with other Brits, or compare English culture with other ones? If latter, than your statement is rather strange. English culture of horror (especially in literature and films) is very developed and sophisticated. Can you compare British and continental literature of horror? In fact, I think that logic of your statement is much more simple: "It is good to be brave, we are Brits, we are the best, so we are bravest men in the world". It is more of nationalism, than detached scientific logic.
When you have no understanding of foreign customs (and differents from your own), you think that they are same as you, but worse.

It was a joke.t your understanding of our culture is somewhat limited.

Quite wrong. You think about Russians, as about Brits. Possession with a 'good fit' or 'socially acceptable image' is a typically British weirdness.
You have obviously never met many of us. We take pride in our eccentricities.

First, Russians understand that the nuclear weapon is their only protection against NATO. So, they love it.
There you go with the Russia as victim thing again. I thought your military was a goliath and squashing the West was akin to a baby stomping an ant. A big baby. I doubt that most Russian love nuclear weapons. Many see them as a necessity for strategic protection but love is not the applicable word.

Your last paragraph exceeded my ability to understand. I got from it that you think what we refer to as the red terror is a good thing. Is that the current Kremlin line?

You still need to tell me what Russians fear.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
It was a joke.t your understanding of our culture is somewhat limited.
Sure. But it is much better than your understanding of Russian one.

You have obviously never met many of us. We take pride in our eccentricities.
Thats what we call 'showing off'

There you go with the Russia as victim thing again.
For example, NATO-supported Junta in the Ukraine actually kill Russians. It is not 'victim illusion' or something. It means that Septics and Underseptics are actual enemies.

I doubt that most Russian love nuclear weapons. Many see them as a necessity for strategic protection but love is not the applicable word.
Пде ое
On lovehate.ru 'Nuclear weapon' have index of love "4.4" that means that more than 80% of voters 'love it' and 20% 'hate it'. It is rather representative voting. There are more nuclear lovers at military resourses, and more nucleophobes in liberal and pacifists ones

Your last paragraph exceeded my ability to understand. I got from it that you think what we refer to as the red terror is a good thing. Is that the current Kremlin line?
Do you think, that I'm a Kremlin's propagandist?
You still need to tell me what Russians fear.
You will not understand. You just dont know cultural context. For example, they afraid of fresh-water mermaids.

Trump says U.S. may send 2,000 troops from Germany to Poland - Reuters
Trump may move 2,000 troops from Germany to Poland. I'm not sure it's a 'defence woe' per se as many in Germany don't want them or even to make their 2% of GDP:
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he is considering sending 2,000 U.S. troops from Germany to Poland, a step sought by Warsaw to deter potential aggression from Russia.

“We’re talking about it,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office as he met with visiting Polish President Andrzej Duda.

The United States already has troops in Poland as part of a 2016 agreement with the NATO military alliance in response to Moscow’s annexation of Crimea from Poland’s eastern neighbour Ukraine in 2014.
Currently Germany has about 50K US troops there according to Trump, so it's not going to be a huge impact:
Trump said the United States has upwards of 50,000 troops in Germany and said 2,000 of them could be sent to Poland. He said Poland is going to be spending a lot of money on a military facility for the troops.

He also said he hopes Russia “will treat Poland with respect.”

“They get hurt unfortunately too often,” Trump said of the Poles. “They’re in the middle of everything. When bad things happen it seems like Poland is the first one...I hope that Russia and Poland and Germany are going to get along,” said Trump, who has often been criticized by Democrats for being too close to Russia and President Vladimir Putin.

YarS said:
Some Germans are more clever than another:
Schröder said, that Crimea is Russian territory, reunion was willing and peaceful.

Stupid Germans and those, who afraid Septics fall in hysteria.

Altkanzler Schröder: „Die Krim ist altes russisches Territorium“
‘Close friend of Putin’
Und: Ganz im Sinne von Russland-Präsident Wladimir Putin (66) verteidigte er die gewaltsame Annexion der Krim durch Russland. Schröder, der mit Putin eng befreundet ist, wörtlich: „Die Krim ist altes russisches Territorium.“ Zu Sowjetzeiten „war es egal, wo die Krim territorial aufgehoben war. Jetzt aber nicht mehr“.

And: in the spirit of Russian President Vladimir Putin (66), he defended Russia's forcible annexation of Crimea. Schröder, a close friend of Putin, literally says: "The Crimea is old Russian territory." In Soviet times, "it did not matter where the Crimea was territorially repealed. But not anymore. "

And: in the spirit of Russian President Vladimir Putin (66), he defended Russia's forcible annexation of Crimea. Schröder, a close friend of Putin, literally says: "The Crimea is old Russian territory." In Soviet times, "it did not matter where the Crimea was territorially repealed. But not anymore. "
Should Alaska be worried?

Latest Threads