German defence woes (latest from The Times)

Not by me or anyone I know.

We don't need to pay them millions of pounds every WEEK, and trying is not the same as forcing - which the EU does.

Being in the EU sucks, and the sooner we are out the better.
So if you not take part in your local election, that means you don't have to pay taxes as the local council is not elected by you?

Beeing in the EU sucks, true.
All formats of government and making compromises suck in one way or the other.
But beeing alone as a small country(as every country in the EU is) will not be much better...as there you don't have ANY say of what the hegemon does.

The President of the European Commission does not get elected by us plebs, now a direct election of the President would be a step in the right direction.
Not for me, I voted out mainly because when it changed from the EEC to the EU and we signed away a lot of our rights to the Commission. The EEC wasn't perfect, but it was far more tolerable than what we've got now.

It’s called fracking... welcome to the Revolution!
You didn't answer my question. You were talking about hypocrisy and funding the enemy and I said the U.S. was complicit too because of energy needs even after 9/11. You do love deflecting.

And just because you can frack in the U.S. doesn't mean you can do it elsewhere, in much highly dense places with limited space. The UK wants to - but every time they got on with the trials the earthquakes started happening. I am sure they would love to, but sometimes the geology and population density doesn't quite support it.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ukraine join Nato? Be carefull of what you wish for, it might come true.
Sure, Ukraine will not join NATO. Russia will not allow it by both economical and military ways.

Cut off the gas? Go ahead and kiss goodbye to all those lovely Euros which you so desperately need.
Trade with West is a question of comfort, not of survival. Ban of export of Uranium, coal, oil and gas to EU will significally raise prices in EU and lower in Russia. It will means deindustrialisation of EU and reindustrialisation of Russia. It means increasing of Russian military capabilities and possibility to just came and get all that Lebensraum, they preffer to buy (for big money) now.
So, Russians are coming anyway - all you can choose, is how comfort this process will be for you. Whom you want more - Russian criminals or Russian soldiers?

Sure, Ukraine will not join NATO. Russia will not allow it by both economical and military ways.

Trade with West is a question of comfort, not of survival. Ban of export of Uranium, coal, oil and gas to EU will significally raise prices in EU and lower in Russia. It will means deindustrialisation of EU and reindustrialisation of Russia. It means increasing of Russian military capabilities and possibility to just came and get all that Lebensraum, they preffer to buy (for big money) now.
So, Russians are coming anyway - all you can choose, is how comfort this process will be for you. Whom you want more - Russian criminals or Russian soldiers?

The entire point of NATO is .mutual defence against aggression.

Therefore, Russia's only possible concern with Ukrainian membership of NATO is that such membership would be problematic for Russia should Russia attack Ukraine.

You didn't answer my question. You were talking about hypocrisy and funding the enemy and I said the U.S. was complicit too because of energy needs even after 9/11. You do love deflecting.

And just because you can frack in the U.S. doesn't mean you can do it elsewhere, in much highly dense places with limited space. The UK wants to - but every time they got on with the trials the earthquakes started happening. I am sure they would love to, but sometimes the geology and population density doesn't quite support it.
The US at the time did not have the variety of options that we do now. The Germans can go elsewhere but won’t.

Meanwhile given the overall lack of enthusiasm by the Federal Govt plus the alleged lack of money, there's not much chance things are going to improve for the Bundeswehr in the near future. The slow down in economic growth has given rise to scare mongering about lack of money. That is not true, the money is still coming in, just not as fast as it used to.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
It just shows, as usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You neither.
----------------
"It may not be an aircraft carrier at all, maybe it will be called differently, because not every drone will return to the base, you can continue to fantasize. But instead of fantasizing, it is better to wait for a conceptual solution, and then apply intellectual and technical knowledge in order to implement all this in the most acceptable solution for the Ministry of defense," Rakhmanov said.
-----------

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Not ours, they won't.
That land, that you name "yours". I mean, English Peoples Republic (Angliyskaya Narodnaya Respublika) will be useful member of Eurasian Federation

Ukrainian land, sure. You criminal aggressive anti-democratic bunch of primitive Big Chief worshipping potato faced dodgy ill dressed mullet headed fascists.
Bla-bla-bla. There is no such a thing as a 'Ukrainian land'. There are Russian lands, temporally not under Moscows control.