German defence woes (latest from The Times)

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Potentional problems with Brexit can be solved (if we are talking about military solutions) - by support of Irish 'rebels' and 'democratical' opposition. Or they can raise bets to non-nuclear war.

Last edited:

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Germany (and other European countries) dont want to waste money to NATO, because it is not about European defence, but only about paying money to USA (just another additional tax).

EE UU amenaza a Europa con represalias si impulsa en solitario sus proyectos de defensa

"The US threatens Europe with retaliation if it drives its defense projects alone

Washington accuses Brussels of violating NATO commitments and warns it that it threatens decades of military collaboration"

Masks are off - according Washington Europe should not even try to protect itself. They should pay to USA for "protection".

Germany (and other European countries) dont want to waste money to NATO, because it is not about European defence, but only about paying money to USA (just another additional tax).

EE UU amenaza a Europa con represalias si impulsa en solitario sus proyectos de defensa

"The US threatens Europe with retaliation if it drives its defense projects alone

Washington accuses Brussels of violating NATO commitments and warns it that it threatens decades of military collaboration"

Masks are off - according Washington Europe should not even try to protect itself. They should pay to USA for "protection".
Does being in NATO mean giving money to the US? I thought the financial commitment to NATO means spending 2% of your GDP on your defence (which NATO might ask you to use for the good of the organisation).

The time we can simply ignore his drivel will be the time he will shrivel up and disappear for failing to do his job as a troll.

Meanwhile the Germans seem to remain in a state of angst about quite how nasty they were when they were a military power.

The time we can simply ignore his drivel will be the time he will shrivel up and disappear for failing to do his job as a troll.

Meanwhile the Germans seem to remain in a state of angst about quite how nasty they were when they were a military power.
Well as a country they do tend to have a habit of getting carried away

German squaddies using broomhandles..... How embarrassing for the poor barstewards. Christ its more like Dad's Army.
That broomhandles thing is another piece of shit journalism.
The vehicles in question where equiped with a AGDUS "duel-simulator" (MILES type systems).
There the gun in the RWS is replaced by an Laser system and Speakers to simulate the shooting signature.
Point was the squadies didn't like the fact that then the vehicle looks "ungunned"...decided to add broomsticks and paint them black.

I rest my point 'M Lord.....

I think the Jerry Squaddies certainly had "tongue in cheek". But I'll bet they ain't happy with their Gov
They have enough reasons to be unhappy. (And also you need to worry if squaddies stop complaining)
On the equipment front, not everything is shiny...but in this special case, the truth was less spectacular.
Lets hope they keep up the spending, and lets hope our defence industry can deliver something for that money.

They have enough reasons to be unhappy. (And also you need to worry if squaddies stop complaining)
On the equipment front, not everything is shiny...but in this special case, the truth was less spectacular.
Lets hope they keep up the spending, and lets hope our defence industry can deliver something for that money.
You can only but hope. Let's hope our new Minister can pull some strings. Nice to have someone in there who's at least, got some idea of what's going on.

Yes meet your financial obligation that you made, not doing so is a skint move. It also means the US has to commit more resources to Europe instead of the Pacific.
With the current trade war gearing up, I expect the economy will shrinking soon enough...then the 2% goal will be reaching without spending one squid more.

Latest Threads