German defence woes (latest from The Times)

I'll be interested in seeing who, if this happens, will have the final say as to its employment.
Given that the EUNAVFOR has three two stars and related staff to deploy 1 OPV, 1 Helicopter and 11 marines, does the EU actually have enough senior commanders to deploy a carrier and air group?

Popular Vote 2016 Presidential Election
Trump 62,984,828 Clinton 65,853,514

She was just content to win those votes in states with large urban populations and didn't do the digging in the places where she needed the EC votes (the only ones that actually matter).

Yes this does make her a dumbass unfit to be President...
I wonder if that's the reason the Dems chose Wisconsin this time for their DNC conference, a state Hillary completely ignored and didn't even visit.

The sad part is that the Eastern European countries try with the means however limited they have. The Germans and most of the other Western European countries can, but refuse to. This pisses us off to no end, if you can’t take your own defense seriously **** on out.
Ronnie Reagon made exactly the same complaint many moons ago.

The Huns do not worry to much about protecting their own borders, everyone else does it for them.
But they do supply just about ever national army in Europe with their tanks. Nice little number for their arms industry.
Time we sent our bill to the Huns for seventy years of defence spending.

This:
The Germans learned the lesson of World War II so well that no German political party -- at least none with an instinct for self-preservation -- dares advocate higher military expenditures. "Meanwhile, not a single European partner would be afraid if Germany were to spend more on defense," said one high-ranking NATO representative.

On the contrary: Those partners are no longer convinced by Germany's consistent nod to history. They only see it as a pretext, an excuse. Many believe there is something else behind Germany's restraint -- namely, stinginess.
That's German intent in a nutshell.

They want all the benefits but expect others, further east & less fortunate to pay for them & act as a safety barrier.
2% shouldn't be aspirational; it should me a mandatory minimum.

This:

That's German intent in a nutshell.

They want all the benefits but expect others, further east & less fortunate to pay for them & act as a safety barrier.
2% shouldn't be aspirational; it should me a mandatory minimum.
The Huns are killing NATO as we know it. It is time to rework the alliance or it will die.

The Huns are killing NATO as we know it. It is time to rework the alliance or it will die.
We could all get together & invade Germany, then when they invoked Article 5, we could tell them their membership had expired because of unpaid dues. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Something has got to give. I almost expect the Donald to hit them with sanctions as their economy goes into recession, just to be a prick.
Like VW cars?

Latest Threads