German Army Issue boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bibo_boy, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello!

Wondered if anyone can help?

A couple of years ago I brought a used pair of want I can only describe as German Army "Lowa Style" boots.

I have owned probably every type of boot known to man (including 2 pairs of actuall branded Lowsa) and these ones I've found were the best.

They were starting to get a little minging and have now found a place that sells them new in box for $£65....

Can anyone tell me the history of these? i.e. are they made in the same factory etc? They are identical apart from a different style sole. The build quality is the same and they are made in Germany.

Cheers.

2. Depending on contractor they could be Lowa, Meindl or Haix, all good makes.

Hope this helps.

3. try cfi military supplies on ebay - seller is ex military and sells bw bergschuh (AKA German lightweight mountain boots) for £60-80 plus postage. Make sure you buy the latest issue boots as they have all the improvements, not the current issue ones which I did...(doh)

4. Yep seen him...

similar boots, but wasn't sure if his were new in box?

Just wanted to check if anyone had any more info... I believe these are made by on of the main producers!!!

So cheap lowas!!!!

5. definitely new in box with tags he's also got excellent feedback