George Foreman grills

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by vinniethemanxcat, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LIDL

If you need a new one, or haven't owned one....... hell of a good price.

They have a limited range, but for things like chops, sausages, chicken breasts etc, they are brilliant, because you can walk away for a while, they cook all round at the same time, and a lot less messy than a grill or frying pan for many things.

Might even be worth a sticky, I'd be grateful for more ideas......

2. I chucked mine, they make loads of smoke and smells and are a pig to clean. A tip on cleaning them do it straight away with a big handful of wet kitchen roll or it dries like bell metal.

3. Rosti works. Couple of boiled potatoes, grated. Salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil. Mix well, make into cakes and chuck them on the sandwich toaster or grill. Keep a couple in a sealed container in the fridge for when you get back from the pub. Heat it up, fried egg on top and a slice of toast to mop up the yolk and brown sauce.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Or get the one with removable hot plates :) like what I did. Mind you the ******* got a hot spot in the middle you have to be wary of.

Also at lidl

LIDL

5. Or get a ridged iron pan for a fiver and put it on the stove.

6. They make great toasted sandwiches.

7. Jarrod, you have to accept they don't last as long as your grannie's Radiation cooker.

I usually keep mine for 2-3 years, then bin it because it's too manky to clean.

I love them because they are cleaner than most other grilling methods for that time and the way they cook on all sides at once.

I tend to clean them before the next time, by turning them on, when they acheive temp, turning off the power, then giving them a clean with a damp scouring pad.

8. Try the method I've described it's better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Totally agree. I bought one with removeable plates, very easy to clean. The brand? Anthony Worrall "the Cheese Thief" Thompson!

10. When I've got an armful of crispy , marinaded meat, the last thing I'm concerned about is the washing up.

You're such a GURRRRL.

11. George Foreman? I've been looking for a George Formby grill?

• Like Like x 1
  12. No I hate washing up and that method takes seconds. Otherwise the hot plates just bake on what deposits are left.

13. Is the George Formby grill for doing egg banjos?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using ARRSE mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. I used to have a Frank Bruno toaster...................................did two rounds and packed up!.......................................................hat, coat,................."Taxi"

15. We've got a G.F grill and it's superb! I never had nicer burgers than coming off that grill.