• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

George boots

I'd like to buy some George boots but I'm well out of the QM clothing store loop. However, I see several suppliers on line. I'm cautious about buying sight unseen because I have very, very wide feet. Anyone else with a similar tale of woe have any recommendations?

Rifles Direct in Winchester. I weant down there to try a pair of size 12s (im a 13) as they only had upto size 12 on their website. Nice chappies ordered me a pair of 13s and they arrived 2 days after.

I bought a couple of pairs of shoes from this company back in the summer who do a two pairs for £60 offer. I asked them if they would consider making George Boots with a similar offer but after an initial bit of feed back, which sort of sounded like they may be interested I've not heard anything since.

Maybe a enquiry through their website might just get the ball rolling again

Handmade Leather Shoes - Mens Oxford Shoes - Oxford Shoes for Men

I bought a pair of George boots from Squaddiekit in the end, £62.88 delivered. Not, perhaps, the quality one might expect from Thieves or Moses, but perfectly adequate for a chap who only wears a dark suit once or twice a year.

And the necessary wide fit, too.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd like to buy some George boots but I'm well out of the QM clothing store loop.. I'm cautious about buying sight unseen because I have very, very wide feet. Anyone else with a similar tale of woe have any recommendations?
I am sure that if you keep the receipt ASDA will allow you to take em back if they don't fit your kipper feet .

As issued.

I buy most of my shoes from Sanders now having had them through the system when I was in. They may not be cheap, but they are very hard wearing & being properly built can be mended by a prper cobbler when you do banjax them.

I also recmmend the Newmarket style if you want a plain fronted boot & want a change from laces up the top.

Latest Threads