George boots

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Vasco, Nov 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd like to buy some George boots but I'm well out of the QM clothing store loop. However, I see several suppliers on line. I'm cautious about buying sight unseen because I have very, very wide feet. Anyone else with a similar tale of woe have any recommendations?
  2. Rifles Direct in Winchester. I weant down there to try a pair of size 12s (im a 13) as they only had upto size 12 on their website. Nice chappies ordered me a pair of 13s and they arrived 2 days after.
  3. Excellent! Thanks for the tip
  4. Silverman's Whitechapel, London.
  5. Wouldn't use them if you paid me...hugely overpriced!
  6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

As a SNCO, I went to my mate a fellow SNCO, albeit the RQMS and the dashing chap ordered me some, easy peasy!
  7. Go to Asda like everyone else!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Loake Mitchum. You'll be a god. Honest.
  9. Thanks for that. I'd settle for a decent pair of jodphur boots.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I bought a couple of pairs of shoes from this company back in the summer who do a two pairs for £60 offer. I asked them if they would consider making George Boots with a similar offer but after an initial bit of feed back, which sort of sounded like they may be interested I've not heard anything since.

Maybe a enquiry through their website might just get the ball rolling again

Handmade Leather Shoes - Mens Oxford Shoes - Oxford Shoes for Men
  11. Good place to go.
    If you want to get dry raped and robbed
  12. You wouldn't use them if you were paid to do so because they're overpriced?
  13. Not my know what I meant!

Wouldn't use, end of!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I bought a pair of George boots from Squaddiekit in the end, £62.88 delivered. Not, perhaps, the quality one might expect from Thieves or Moses, but perfectly adequate for a chap who only wears a dark suit once or twice a year.

And the necessary wide fit, too.