George Best Funeral

If anybody watched the coverage of Geordie Bests funeral the other week it is intersesting to know that the funeral bearers carrying the coffin up the steps at Stormont were all members of the Royal Irish Regiment. I think they made a shambles of carrying the coffin up the steps as they were out of step with a touch of the wobbles but the downward march seemed ok. My question is who foots the bill for using military personnel in this capacity?

Also, the Irish Guards would have been a better choice than the local militia of the UDR - sorry, Royal Irish.

Can someone explain why this honour was given??
After all he was only a drunken wife beater who kicked a football up until he was 26....National hero my fcuking Arrse..............
Rant ended, soap box ready for hand over

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I don't know whether it was George's Best Funeral....I thought most people only ever had one....is it something like the Queen's birthday...will there be another one this year...then we can decide which is the superlative, let's hope he doesn't smell too bad when they dig him up for the next.

nicksmith6136 said:
I think they made a shambles of carrying the coffin up the steps as they were out of step with a touch of the wobbles but the downward march seemed ok. My question is who foots the bill for using military personnel in this capacity?
Maybe they were pished off the fumes?

Latest Threads