George Best Funeral

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by nicksmith6136, Dec 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anybody watched the coverage of Geordie Bests funeral the other week it is intersesting to know that the funeral bearers carrying the coffin up the steps at Stormont were all members of the Royal Irish Regiment. I think they made a shambles of carrying the coffin up the steps as they were out of step with a touch of the wobbles but the downward march seemed ok. My question is who foots the bill for using military personnel in this capacity?

Also, the Irish Guards would have been a better choice than the local militia of the UDR - sorry, Royal Irish.
  2. When you say they were out of step, was it that they were in step but should have been out of step in the correct manner ?.
  3. They were Royal Irish after all - cant blame em I suppose.
  4. Can someone explain why this honour was given??
    After all he was only a drunken wife beater who kicked a football up until he was 26....National hero my fcuking Arrse..............
    Rant ended, soap box ready for hand over
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I don't know whether it was George's Best Funeral....I thought most people only ever had it something like the Queen's birthday...will there be another one this year...then we can decide which is the superlative, let's hope he doesn't smell too bad when they dig him up for the next.
  6. Maybe we should carry out the same specatcle for our great footaballers of past - move over state funerals.
  7. I heard a rumor that our friend Martin came and shook their hands after...(not knowing what their day job was)
  8. pele didnt name him the best player ever for nothing
  9. You mean someone gave Pele (the best player ever!) a bung and he took it? !!!
  10. Yep scalie, about a grand!
  11. Maybe they were pished off the fumes?
  12. **** i missed his funeral. im most pissed now.

when was it, btw?