George Best Five Pound Note in Official Sleeve.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ThamesMeander2008, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Col from work just gave me a George Best commemorative Ulster Bank £5 note in its official display sleeve... This is to be used to raise money for Combat Stress.

Any of you Manure fans want to offer me a fair price for it..

"In November 2006 Ulster Bank issued its first commemorative banknote - an issue of one million £5 notes commemorating the first anniversary of the death of Northern Irish footballer, George Best. This was the first Ulster Bank banknote to incorporate their new logo, similar to the logo of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, and the entire issue was taken by collectors within hours of becoming available in bank branches."

So grab yourself a future money spinner..

Bids to be via this thread..It is on offer elsewhere as everything else is..

All the best and thanks for reading this.
  2. No Man Utd fans on here then
  3. Is it legal tender? If so, I'll give you £2.50 for it ;)
  4. Thanks i will let you know.. Don't call us lol..
  5. Happy to punt £6 for it
  6. Why don't you just buy some booze with it.........

's what George would have wanted.
  7. its for my nephew, he is a 16 YO who follows Man U, clearly his fathers fault or it could be my sisters!

Point is I will give him it for hiss birthday with a TOFFS top!
  8. £10

For my other half the MANC who got me to take her and the sprog to Old Trafford the day he passed out for the last time to pay our respects
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

10. The cut off for this will be COP 4th Feb 08...

That will give me time to sort out the money for Combat Stress prior to our run..

£20 the highest so far..Cheers...

11. If you still want it it is yours for £20 plus P&P..

You can send a cheque for the £22 addressed to COMBAT STRESS and i will chip the P&P then out of copper jar.

Or you can donate £22 via Just giving site link below and place in remarks collumn what you have paid for. Email me your address and i will post ASAP..

Let me know as soon as you can please so i can either send or place in a last chance saloon raffle to be held this weekend at a works do...

Thanks again...

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks I'll do that second thing, it will be great as the youngest Ugly worships him.
  13. Excellent.. You have a collectors item of the future there..

So i am told..

PM me with your address and once it is on the site i will post.

Hope he enjoys it.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

all done!