Geordie Accent

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Rumrunner, Jul 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Geordie gets Jamaican accent

I remember being a witness to this phenomenon several times during my army days. Those afflicted, were always WO’s on commissioning. They went to bed one night as WO’s, the proud owners of strong regional accents , fluent in vulgar and awoke the following morning as newly commissioned officers, without a trace of those accents instead (the vulgarity still there though), they had morphed into products of the ‘Home Counties’ with fruity accents to boot. Afookingamazing! :wink:

Should I make contact with Dr Nick Miller at Newcastle University and tell him that the condition is not so rare as he thinks and perhaps, he should widen his research to the ‘Officers Mess‘?

2. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LMFDO thats one lucky be-it-ch say nowt or they will all wont one :D :D LMFDO

3. In the same way that my put-on welsh accent sounds asian and vice versa?

4. Nice one RR. How very true as well!

5. Saw this in The Mail on Sunday:-

Very true, never thought of it like that :wink:

6. No... but most of them are mini f ucking strokers.... does that count?

7. Beer can sandwich please

8. shortfuse (soon to be short of a limb or two) wrote: No... but most of them are mini f ucking strokers.... does that count?

Better than being semi f*cking French or something you tosser!

9. Ah WP, I recognise your accent........lol

10. in Spitting Image the Neil Kinnock puppet sounded like a Geordie, so anythings possible

11. Mate, re read that post and you will see that i am in fact caning the young white jamaicans who inhabit most south eastern counties...

Geordies eh... thick as fook :wink:

12. yer, innit?

13. Runner has omitted the other sign of the change. This was a large vertical scar on the back of the head where the brain function had been removed

14. ORC and then sold on as being brand new and unused. :wink:

15. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Ear wax? Flying radar platform, yes?