Geoff Hoon to stand down

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Feb 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

2. His decision however had nothing to do with this situation and merely underlines his personal integrity and the great service he has devoted to our country. A great parliamentarian, he will be sorely missed.

The Cnut.

3. This has cheered my up no end. Met him once and questioned him on Iraq. The slime-ball wriggled around (as all good politicos do) and failed to answer my question despite my 3rd repitition. I gave up by turning to an empty basket and asking the same question. I don't think that action was lost on him.

Riddance / Good (rearrange to your own liking).

I feel a pint of Hobgoblin coming on tonight!

4. If you have ever watched this man's body language when he gave interviews, you could easily detect how smarmy the man was in politics.
    The very character that Great Britain does not need.
    Sorry Geoff, your eye's and face gave you away!
    Being that he is a multi millionaire, i am sure that he will slip away to live a life of luxury in some unheard of exotic location.
    The further the better! :wave:

5. So, Geofrey Bungle-Hoon is stepping down..."Oooray Stalin..!" Pity the Auld Goat, the Mad Mullah, The 'Tube of Kirkaldy' should step down now.... immediatement, for the Fiscal and Political Sanity of the UK.... and take all those other Pseudo-Marxist Letfy Yoghurt Munching, bed wetting, Toe curling, Tree Hugging, Flip-flop wearing Goonies of the Stalineque persuation...... in other words, the whole Bleeding Liarbore Party and Broone's Cabinet. :lol: :police:

Oh s*d it.... I'm f*king off dahn the old bar... where's me hat and coat... :crazy: :toilet:

6. Another useless, spineless, self-serving cork leaves the sinking ship. Good riddance Geoff (Buff-Hoon) and try & stay awake for your leaving do, you tw*t!

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't there a report that he was expecting to stand down and follow Mandleson back to Europe where the gravy train will keep him in the life style he's become used to

Either that or the House of Lords

8. in_the_cheapseats

Well he ain't going to get the Lords unless the Tories give it too him for stabbing Brown in the back :D

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I did think that

However the cynic in me can't help thinking that the whole Hoon challenge was a set up to prove how popular and strong Brown is and that a deal had ben struck to move Geoff upstairs

Gotta stop watching In the Loop

10. in_the_cheapseats

Oooh, cynic! :D

what odds? I'll take them 8O

11. Hoon is one slippery cnut. We got into him at a RBL meeting before the last General Election. He was not for the troops at all. He should be behind bars !

12. Tell me about it. That perenial oxygen thief Sion Simon is apparently also stepping down to try and become the elected mayor of Birmingham, as if the place doesn't already have enough problems as it is. I'm wondering how many more announcements we'll be seeing in the next month or two.

13. Didn't Buffhoon make himself a property millionaire with all his flipping and expenses?