Geoff Hoon Statement at 16.30

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 20, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

And it looks like they won't call up my lot.

Boll*cks.

2. Hoon saying that levels required will not be as large as the press are reporting....

Then again he said IFF would be in place  :mad:

17.00 Greg Knight gives Buff a shoeing over leaked docs..lol

3. No, I think he's saying the he can't give a figure on how many reservists will be needed as they are still working it out. As for what the press are reporting.... well you should know that that could be short, on or well beyond the mark.

My unit is going so I'm too busy to be worried about anyone else at the moment  8)

4. Good luck PP....

We're still waiting to hear...

5. Just read on BBC News...best of British to everone going out there, and those that will get called up - God speed, and come back safe.

Regards

SJ

6. Sure I speak for an awful lot of people, "Best of luck and come back safe & in one piece all who are deployed".

7. ONCE THEY KNOW HOW MANY COP IT ON THE FIRST NBC ATTACK THEN HE SHOULD HAVE MORE OF AN IDEA: :

8. Hopefully, that'll just be overcome from heat exhaustion,as opposed to dead by any means. Saddam ain't stupid enough to fire chemweps at the coalition.or maybe he thinks it's an empty threat, because any fallout heading down range will affect other Iraqi's, Jordanians, Syrians and of course....

Israel.