Genuinely confused

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ciggie, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've always liked to think, in moments of lucidity, that I know roughly what is going on around me, but now I'm very unsure. The point was reached some time ago when most of the military realised that there was no purpose whatsoever in being in the Stan aside for ensuring oil income for some lazy fat bastards, but nevertheless kept up the bloody, painful work in the name of Queen and country. Now, if not Queen, but country, in the form of government, turns round and basically shafts the military up the rear parts and still expects it to carry out it's dirty work. In other countries this would lead automatically to a coup. Within selfsame country, said government is determined to give criminals and feral youths a carte blanche by reducing police numbers, courts and prison terms.Instead of being hung for destroying society, corrupt 'businesspeople' are rewarded. I just don't see any sense around me at all any more.
  2. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Welcome to the new Britain. Enjoy your stay :)
  3. You're dangerously close to thinking that the most conservative act would be revolution.

<Paints crazed smile on face while eyes scream 'help me!'>
  4. Sedition! Lock him up!
  5. Except overthrowing our so called government wouldn't be revolution... it would be restoring sanity to our country.
  6. If we're haveing a coup, can I have the job of Minister for Overseas Aid?

My thinking is this: I'd stop all overseas aid. It would take me 10 minutes per day to write 'REJECTED' over every letter that asks for help. I then have loads of spare time to be driven around by my chauffeur in the Jag.
  7. How many signatures do you think it would take on a letter to Liz asking her to restore absolute monarchy for her to follow through with it?
  8. Yep, let's dissolve centuries of democracy with a few million scribbles from D. Duck and M Monroe
  9. Ciggie - the Army hasn't been shafted, and the effort in Afg has been specifically exempted from the tiny nick of eight per cent in the overall defence spend spread across all three services and the MOD.

The re-organisation, that most outragers are confusing with the cuts, was decided upon by people who have a lot more brains and inside knowledge than anyone who has boarded the bus so far.

Don't let that spoil the fun, though, just pick a misunderstanding and crack on.

'Britain Left Defenceless After 8% Slashed from Defence Spend,' or even:'Planes not to be ready before carriers from which they will fly are finished - Madness'
  10. In all honesty, could a woman in her 80s with a penchant for nice hats do much worse that our present political elite?
  11. 'politcal elite' In todays current situation, an oxymoron surely?
  12. Just checking, that's the Queen you are refering to, not the dribbling wreck that was Margaret Thatcher?
  13. Bring Maggie back?

There's an idea...
  14. Three, and two of those would be HRH Wills and Harry
  15. Whilst she couldn't do any worse than the present PM, she is supposedly suffering from senile dementia