Genuine Question.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brummieboy1, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My ex-daughter-in-law has contacted me from her home in Hemer. My grandson is wanting to get married, and needs a copy of his birth cert. He was born in BMH Charlottenburg, so doesn't appear on the births in England, so I cannot get a copy of the cert for him. Could any of you advise where he should apply to get a copy of his birth cert. Cheers.
  2. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

I would imagine the embassy as births in BMH had to be registered with them (I believe).
  3. If he was registered at the BMH then it should be available from

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service

"Q1. What records are held for overseas births, marriages, civil
    partnerships and deaths?

Births, marriages and deaths registered by the British Forces and the British
    Consul or High Commission in the country where they took place, from 1849. "
  4. My wife was born in malta while her dad wa serving in the RAF, she goe her birth certificate from the Registrar of Births and Deaths. But it took months and cost. It was 30 years ago!! so may well have changed
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Alien Minor was born in Rinteln and managed to misplace hers. She needed a copy to get a passport to go on a school trip ... to Germany.

Just spoken to Zero Alpha who is into genealogy. She says we sent off to some department in Liverpool (it was over 15 years ago) with the reference number for the birth certificate. She goes on, "overseas births are available on"

IIRC the job was not painless. Hope this helps.
  6. I was born in Hong Kong in the BMH there. I have 2 birth certificates, one of which is British.

No excuse for you not having one.
  7. I was born at RAF Hospital Wegberg, my daughter was born at BMH Munster and I recently obtained (short) copies of both from Liverpool.

I then found my original (long certificate) and hers, so it was a bit of a waste of money. But there was no hassle at all in getting them.

Copies of certificates - Liverpool City Council
  8. Thanks for that. Have ordered the cert with the details that I have. Will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again.
  9. Birth certificate Walt, I have 3. S.Rhodesia, Rhodesia and Zimbabwe :)