Genuine Parang

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by four_one_f, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys... Off to the "J" and trying to get a genuine Parang knife machette thing. Tried ebay and no luck.

Can anyone out there help?

2. What do you mean by genuine?

Machetes seem to be easily available over the web.

Are you sure you are spelling it correct? Its Machete.
  3. There used to be an issue machete,non Gurhka Officers used to carry one as they weren't allowed to carry a Kukri
  4. A proper parang - like old chris ryan and ray mears use- not the issued tree beater.

5. Use the issue one, its the _bollocks_

the old style gollock has been replaced

Your J4/QM chain will be able to get hold of em,

That is, If you have a J4/QM chain.............. :)
  6. Hang on, five minutes ago you needed a down jacket, now you need a jungle treebeater. You must have really poor circulation. 8O
  7. No, needs a down jacket and parang as off to an Arctic Jungle training area with SF. So tip top secret not even on google earth.

Has to buy own kit as he is so 'deep cover' that SQ not allowed to know his Regimental Number. Although if SQ were to check his socks, real name sewn into them by his Mum as she is concerned 41 F might get bullied by bigger boys in the arctic trees.

Also needs underwater parachute and down filled jungle hat if anyone can help.
  8. You might try this bloke when he's back from fighting the fuzzy wuzzies

9. The RQMS at 49 Para is normally quite helpful with this sort of stuff. :wink:
  10. Actually he's going on an underwater Mortar course.

edited for mong spelling :oops:
  11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Just go to B&Q buy a battery operated chainsaw.
    saves the work no end.
  12. If your going to Brunei for your training??? you will be able to get one there. I got mine out of the JWW PRI, cost me about B$ 50.00.
  13. Try SASS in Lancaster they used to have some