Genuine Mistake?

#1
Sorry to sound trite but I am genuinely confused. See, I know what "genuine" means; I think I know what "mistake" means (made enough of them over the years to understand that word, oh yes :roll: ).

But can anyone define what a "genuine mistake" is for me?

I keep hearing the term on the telly but what I really hear is "fraud". Can ANYONE explain the difference?

Am I just thick?
 
#3
in_the_cheapseats said:
Sorry to sound trite but I am genuinely confused. See, I know what "genuine" means; I think I know what "mistake" means (made enough of them over the years to understand that word, oh yes :roll: ).

But can anyone define what a "genuine mistake" is for me?

I keep hearing the term on the telly but what I really hear is "fraud". Can ANYONE explain the difference?

Am I just thick?
Probably not. It's a bit like when an aeroplane has what is reported as a 'Near Miss'. It missed or it hit, surely. Or is a near miss a hit effectively? Or am I , in fact, thicker than yeeeaw? :D
 
#4
Trying to fiddle my expenses has turned out to be a mistake.

Now I've been found out I genuinely regret fiddling my expenses.

To save time he just called it a genuine mistake ;)
 
#5
I tend to think that if someone has made a `genuine mistake` then its usually down to their own ignorance.
However the scroungers you have in mind had a green book which states what type of expenses could be claimed, namely ones to help them do their job.
How cleaning out a moat, repairing a leaking pipe under a tennis court or even furnishing a second home helps them to do their elected job is beyond me.
Clearly they are greedy fraud ridden parasites.
 
#6
Yes,a genuine mistake is something that is 'done within the spirit of the rules' and is 'authorised by a committee' that you put in place to do exactly that.

In a 'Genuine Mistake' scenario, if you are caught out.....sorry, make a 'Genuine Mistake', then you pay the money back and claim that it was a 'Genuine Mistake' and all is well in the garden.
If you are not caught out making a 'Genuine Mistake' then you keep the money and say nowt.

'Genuine Mistakes' are not prosecutable under common or statutary law if you have the letters MP after your name.

All other people are not entitled to make 'Genuine Mistakes' and therefore get bounced by the fuzz and sentenced to death usually after crucifixion by Her Majestys Revenue and Customs.

I hope this clears up this matter for you.
 
#7
These claims read like something from an Ant & Dec's Grab the Ads game - An Ikea bath robe, toilet seats, a Marks & Spencer bed - greedy, moneygrabbing swines. Mistakes? Humpf!
 
#8
I digress, but aeroplanes miss each other all the time so it is not worthy of note. It's only when they nearly don't miss that things become of interest, and when they fail to miss at all that things get nasty.
 
#9
in_the_cheapseats said:
But can anyone define what a "genuine mistake" is for me?

I keep hearing the term on the telly but what I really hear is "fraud". Can ANYONE explain the difference?
A gemuine mistake can only be made by supreme leader, fraud can only be made by the rest of the country.
 
#11
Also, because the first rule of physics states that, 'For every action there must be a reaction', it must be possible to make a 'Disingenuous Mistake'.

I think the term 'Disingenuous Mistake' is therefore the correct one.

That is the case for the prosecution.
 
#12
So, the the MP that claimed sixteen grand for a mortgage that didn't actually exist would be guilty of either 'A genuine mistake' or 'A criminal offence'

You decide....
 
#13
IT_Guy said:
So, the the MP that claimed sixteen grand for a mortgage that didn't actually exist would be guilty of either 'A genuine mistake' or 'A criminal offence'

You decide....
I would suggest that this was a 'Disingenuous Mistake' so therefore by definition 'A Criminal Offence'.

I won't hold my breath.

Edited to add :
Disingenuous is strictly speaking wrong.

Ingenuine is the correct word.

Ergo : Ingenuine Mistake=Criminal Offence.
 
#15
Genuine Mistakes;

See Magna Carta page VV11X1 Subsection VX:

Genuine Mistakes can only be made by Politicians, Military officers, Presidents, Judges and Police officers. Absolution can be given quite simply by saying "Sorry".

Other Mistakes;


See Magna Carta page VV11X1 Subsection - See any bylaw:

Mistakes can only be made by the general populace and MUST be punishable by fines or imprisonment. Examples must be set to discourage further mistakes and constant vigil must be undertaken to bring mistakees to Justice. It is the duty of anyone with the slightest bit of power to continually seek new bylaws which can be used to trip up the populace causing further harassment which overall will lead to other mistakes.
Common sense must NOT be used under any circumstances and the views of the majority must NOT be considered when inventing new bylaws nor when applying punishments.
 
#17
in_the_cheapseats said:
But can anyone define what a "genuine mistake" is for me?
Yes: - "Oh fcuk! I've been caught! Sh1t!"


Imagine the following scenario. You are barrelling down the motorway at 99mph. You're late for an important meeting, and you're late because traffic held you up not because of your own tardiness. Plod pulls you over.

What are your first thoughts? And...

How do you play it from here? Do you...
a) accept the punishment and get on to that important meeting soonest,
b) invent all sort of cr@p hoping to get off the 3 points because it's not your fault you're late,
c) try (b) and then get the willies that maybe the radar recorded 100mph and you're likely to get a suspension for being 30 over the limit.
 
#18
It is amazing how many have made ' Genuine Mistakes' which have just come to light.They can't run there own lives but think they can run a country!
If you or I had pulled the strokes they have ,we would be looking at criminal charges.

I heard a reporter ask one, who is paying back over £40,000, where he was going to get the money.He claimed it would be hard to find but hoped to pay it back within the week!.He should look in his savings account where he puts his wages,they don't seem to need them to live on so they must save the money somewhere. :evil:
 
#20
TheBFG said:
It is amazing how many have made ' Genuine Mistakes' which have just come to light.They can't run there own lives but think they can run a country!
If you or I had pulled the strokes they have ,we would be looking at criminal charges.

I heard a reporter ask one, who is paying back over £40,000, where he was going to get the money.He claimed it would be hard to find but hoped to pay it back within the week!.He should look in his savings account where he puts his wages,they don't seem to need them to live on so they must save the money somewhere. :evil:
It's in his offshore bank account - takes a little longer to get it from there - and a delay in withdrawing it adds to the interest it accrues.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts