Gentleman, Im a new bloke here.

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by rgjbloke, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gentlemen, I'm a new bloke here. I don't know of this is where I should post my first message but I did wear putties (black ones), I used 58 pattern webbing and shot a real gun with a suit sight attached to it. I'm an ex green jacket, 1971 JIB Shornecliffe for 2 years and then 1973, 4 1/2 years in my Battalion, 1RGJ until 1977. I have been a regular poster on another forum and thought that, having read a lot of the stuff here, I would come and see what my peers think about the world these days and occasionally chat about the old days. Thanks for reading.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  2. Welcome to ARRSE you old fart. :)
  3. Welcome you wrinkly old sod! Hope you enjoy the site.
  4. Welcome in. Hope you enjoy your time here. :D
  5. Fuck me, another grumpy old twat joins the ranks! Welcome, the kettles over there, get the brews on. NATO standard all round.
  6. Forgot to say, I'm the only one allowed to dribble into my soup. I think.

Nurse, this soup bowl's full up again.
  7. Welcome rgjbloke. You should find this site fascinating.

Top tip though. Lurk around awhile when visiting the NAAFI and do not be put off if your 1st post (or 101st) in there gets hammered :p
  8. Fcuk me! A replen of the wrinklies! Who's kicked the bucket then :?

Welcome to Arrse, as MiT said, mine's a NATO ;)
  9. RGJ bet your knees are fucked welcome.
  10. Do we clean our teeth at this hour
  11. Wow!

I thought I had been about a long time! I'm a red arrse in comparison.

I did get issued black gaiters though and a set of Korean Pattern Combats for training, (like wearing a jerrycan when wet) used it for many years as fancy dress, going dressed as a member of M*A*S*H.

Welcome RGJ don't use my glass for your false teeth please and forgive the occational damp patch. :)
  12. Nice to see all you old dodgers getting along nicely :D
  13. Is that you Dad?
  14. Welcome sniper - to the wrinkly legion, spears and shields are over there.
  15. A very warm welcome, rgjbloke. No milk and no sugar in me Rosy, if you don't mind. :D