Generic Risk Assessments

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Lepus, Jan 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At my PI course, I was told that generic risk assesments and lesson plans could be found on the internet.

Anyone got any idea where these are?

Cheers

2. I'm not aware of generic lesson plans being on the web.

3. If you are struggling with RA then you could do no worse than contact your county TSA who will be very helpful and point you int the right direction.

4. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Are the generic Adventure Training RA's the same as normal RA's, as in can i just delete the text that is there and use the blank sheet for other things?

5. Don't always go with the generic Risk Assesment,as weather,personnel ect ect, may be different. change it on day to day basis. Murphy's law says so.

6. Generic RAs are fine for activities that are undertaken on a regular basis. They should describe the hazards involved and the standard control measures routinely employed to reduec the risks to an acceptable level.

They are suitable for repetitive training activities carried out in training units, Cadets fall into this bracket.

However Generic RAs should be reviewed to ensure that they are applicable to the activity at that time and location.

The format of the Generic RA you have been refering to is for Military Training. If you delete the text ensure that the reference material that you insert in your new RA is relevant.

The Training Safety Advisor responsible for the County / Battalion is the person to speak to. He very probably has numerous Generic RAs for different activities.