GENERALS POT SHOT AT BROWN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During heated discussions over the defence budget, Mr Brown said: "You don't think I understand defence, do you?"

"No, I bloody well don't," replied the general.

Ah, music to my ears. Someone telling Broon a few home truths. Well done sir! err, m'Lord.

2. :lol: :lol: About people with clout/connection slated Brown and his gang :lol: :lol:

3. Can't someone just take a normal shot at him?

4. Good stuff

5. Guthrie obviously did the cnut recognition course, and is still well up to par.

6. Give me the tools and the spot and I'll do it for you.

My marksmanship is a little rusty so you'd better make it something 'brassy'. :wink:

7. me thinks they all need a full on debrief behind the MT shed to be honest however i doubt that will happen.

Although i think there are a few of us here who would take a pace foward to assist in said debriefing.

8. :D Great stuff!

9. Brilliant! :D

Compare and contrast with Gen Sir Mike Jackson who was a government poodle in office and now tries to be a rottweiler in retirement and get rich selling his book :x :roll:

10. AFAIK the actual quote went something along the lines of:

Mr Brown: "You don't think I understand defence, do you?"

General Guthrie: "I don't think you don't understand defence, I bloody well know that you dont!"

Cue the fat jock bampot walking off in a huff.

11. Well done that man!
    I saw the tw@t's gob flapping on the telly and wondered why he said so little about the forces. It does go to show that he has little time/ money for us. All the cash from this govt is going to the domestic agenda

12. Domestic agenda? is that a euphamism for lining the pockets of friends of government?
    I wouldn't think for a second that Brown has the interests of Britain at heart any more than Blair did.

13. Good on him, but as ever Gordon 'cnut' Brown - i will listen to the people - will dismiss it as the ramblings of a bitter old soldier and come out with excuses and say im spending money on blah blah and i respect the armed forces la la. this idiot respects the armed forces so much, they get paid crap money, live in shitholes and have no kit to do the job.

Bobc..........................

14. GENIEARRSE