• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

GENERALS POT SHOT AT BROWN

During heated discussions over the defence budget, Mr Brown said: "You don't think I understand defence, do you?"

"No, I bloody well don't," replied the general.

Ah, music to my ears. Someone telling Broon a few home truths. Well done sir! err, m'Lord.

node said:
:lol: :lol: About people with clout/connection slated Brown and his gang :lol: :lol:
me thinks they all need a full on debrief behind the MT shed to be honest however i doubt that will happen.

Although i think there are a few of us here who would take a pace foward to assist in said debriefing.

Brilliant! :D

Compare and contrast with Gen Sir Mike Jackson who was a government poodle in office and now tries to be a rottweiler in retirement and get rich selling his book :x :roll:

AFAIK the actual quote went something along the lines of:

Mr Brown: "You don't think I understand defence, do you?"

General Guthrie: "I don't think you don't understand defence, I bloody well know that you dont!"

Cue the fat jock bampot walking off in a huff.

Well done that man!
I saw the tw@t's gob flapping on the telly and wondered why he said so little about the forces. It does go to show that he has little time/ money for us. All the cash from this govt is going to the domestic agenda

762baynet said:
Well done that man!
I saw the tw@t's gob flapping on the telly and wondered why he said so little about the forces. It does go to show that he has little time/ money for us. All the cash from this govt is going to the domestic agenda
Domestic agenda? is that a euphamism for lining the pockets of friends of government?
I wouldn't think for a second that Brown has the interests of Britain at heart any more than Blair did.

Good on him, but as ever Gordon 'cnut' Brown - i will listen to the people - will dismiss it as the ramblings of a bitter old soldier and come out with excuses and say im spending money on blah blah and i respect the armed forces la la. this idiot respects the armed forces so much, they get paid crap money, live in shitholes and have no kit to do the job.

Bobc..........................

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Brown is bl*ody dangerous. He is also very cunning. It will be fascinating to see him blame the appalling financial condition this country is in (when the truth finally dawns) as he has single-handedly run the economy for over ten years.
The grinning spiv Blair was frightful, but this glowering goon (forget the constant smiling these days) is going to be far, far worse.

lsquared said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Brown is bl*ody dangerous. He is also very cunning. It will be fascinating to see him blame the appalling financial condition this country is in (when the truth finally dawns) as he has single-handedly run the economy for over ten years.
The grinning spiv Blair was frightful, but this glowering goon (forget the constant smiling these days) is going to be far, far worse.
I fear you may be right, lsquared. Both PR08 and the CSR are due to report over the next few months. Be prepared for much pain.

Dread said:
AFAIK the actual quote went something along the lines of:

Mr Brown: "You don't think I understand defence, do you?"

General Guthrie: "I don't think you don't understand defence, I bloody well know that you dont!"

Cue the fat jock bampot walking off in a huff.

Good work that man. :D

Good thread. Our Gen D is the best CoS that I have ever served under. He dosnt talk cod sh*t. I fear though he has rocked the boat to much and the suits in Westminster will pension him off soon. I hope his successor has the same minerals as he has. Yeah and bloody Des Browne does not no sh*t from clay. I would like him to spend a week in my house on my wages and do a tour with me. Would he change his mind?

Latest Threads