Generals join forces to resist hijacking by BNP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Charm_City, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The Armed Forces are in danger of being hijacked by far-right extremists “for their own dubious ends”, a group of former generals warn today.

The British National Party is tarnishing the Forces’ reputation by associating itself with the sacrifices of servicemen, they write. They highlight fears within military circles that the party is exploiting their public standing.

The letter, seen by The Times, is signed by General Sir Mike Jackson and General Sir Richard Dannatt, the former heads of the Army, Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank, former Chief of the Defence Staff, and Major-General Patrick Cordingley, commander of the Desert Rats in the Gulf War. "

Full story here:

Inevitable, I suppose

2. What is inevitable CC?
  3. But it's OK for the Tories to do it eh!

"We call on all those who seek to hijack the good name of Britain’s military for their own advantage to cease and desist,”

4. Sorry - I wasn't trying to be enigmatic.

I meant that given the BNP’s attempts to portray itself as the military’s friend it is inevitable that there was going to be some pushback – it’s all the fashion at the moment.

5. Don't squaddies get asked if they're members of far left or far right parties or has it been changed ?
  6. POI: I would imagine that they were thinking of Tony, Gordon and their weak-man cronies as well Ashie. I know it doesn't sit well with you but using the lives of servicemen and women to keep your place on the guest-list for international jamborees is pretty low...
  7. I asked a question on another thread about this image from the BNP website, ie are the guys here actaully aware theyre on here, is this a BNP pic or just a hijacked one? Any legal redress if they don't know about it? I would llike to think a serving soldier would not wish to be publically assoicated with these people.

Attached Files:

8. :clap: :judge:

I'm suprised that didn't stick in Ashies craw as it came out,but it wouldn't would it?

The hypocisy is incredible and almost as sickening as the gall displayed in beleiving that we'd be taken in by that mealy mouthed statement...
  9. Ashie and his broken record. :roll:

This quote could easily fit your masters. At least the scum BNP would, if possible, turn up to a Ramp Ceremony; unlike your lot! Just glad neither do. :evil:

10. There is no broken record. I agree that no party (none of them) should attempt to use the armed forces for their own advantage.

I'm sorry that you disagree.
  11. The attacks on the BNP are currently at fever pitch and coming from all directions. Me thinks this is nothing more than another attack on the BNP without basis.
  12. hardly without basis - remember their recent propaganda effort using a series of photos of servicemen without permission? The Polish Spitfire with their 'keep foreigners out' message? (whilst conveniently forgetting the sacrifice of the Poles) Racist Cnuts
  13. You say it like it's a bad thing.
  14. Tories - Falklands/WW2/Korea/Iraq #1.
    Labour - WMD's and Iraq #2/ Afghanistan.

Not exactly a great record is it?

Maybe if Labour actually threw some money at the Armed Forces for once (and not at the Lesbian single mothers), and gave them an actual mission in Afghanistan, things would actually improve!
  15. Under churchill griffin and his pals would have been given the choice be locked up or go fight the japanese.
    If they'd put up an ME109 nobody would be complaining the fact are would be rulers put up a spit flown by a Pole just proves how thick they really are :twisted: .

If the BNP are the answer its a Bloody stupid question