General Sir David Richards - model of a major modern general

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Duckmanthing, Oct 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As part of our Who Knows Who series, we've just published a profile of General Sir David Richards, the new Chief of the General Staff. focusing on his allies, contacts, and friends. We'd welcome any comments, suggestions from readers. You can read it by clicking here. You may also have seen our piece yesterday on the main players in the defence review. Again, your feedback is welcomed.

2. Kevan Jones "rates" him, which is reason enough to be worried, Jones being an utter git and all.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's like being recommended for a child-minding job by Gary Glitter.

Edited to add: Absolutely love the way you guys are breaking down the levers and showing how they connect. I'd love to see that expand to include the full cabinet.

4. If the utterly repellent rat Kevan Jones speaks in favour of General Richards, then we are in for a re-run of: 'Yes sir, of course sir, anything you say sir, can I lick your arrse now sir?' as perfected by the incomparably incompetent and irrelevant twerp Stirrup.

5. Right. See my bold? Get your facts right, you horrible little journo. Bit of a difference between CGS and CDS. And you've made the same error on your website.

...and the song you've misquoted to title this thread is "modern Major-General" not the other way round. Or are you trying to be clever?...

All in all, a relatively poor bit of research. Show again!

Rustles Telegraph loudly, harrumphs and settles into comfy chair...