General Schwartzkopf dead

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumpinjarhead, Dec 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIP that General.

I must say I have had a place in my heart for Norman ever since he made the comment: "Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    • Like Like x 22
  2. I don't normally add to such threads, but FFS, Stormin' Norman really does deserve an RIP, Sir.

His book, It doesn't take a hero, is well worth a read.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rest in peace... you might not of been popular around the five sided wind tunnel but us grunts loved the heck out of you.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Will he get a military funeral even though he retired twenty years ago?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Yes he will dingerr... every veteran here can have one if they wish no matter how long since they retired.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If he selected Arlington it will be the full dress ceremony with horse and caisson. Regrettably many veterans only get a military funeral comprised of several octogenarian members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars or American Legion and a boom box to play Taps.

I make it a point to attend every veteran's (regardless of service) funeral in my area that I can in dress blues to present the flag to the survivor(s) since we are in a remote area and the military assets for more formal services are often unavailable.
    • Like Like x 24
  7. Had steak n eggs with the guy at Dharhan airbase feeder in 1990 chatted as a human being and left the table leaving us feeling invincible, a true Leader of men.
  8. One of those few who truly are "born leaders."
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Will hair care product availability be affected during the mouring period?
    RIP, HoorahSuh!