Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

General Questions

Yeh I feel the same, I'm not going to be confident in anything till I pass out tbh, anything can happen, more worryingly ... injury.

But I feel like that is the only thing that can stop me passing out, and I'll have to be injured for the rest of my life to not give it another go.

Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom. I'll just go day to day and give my best (even if it is rubbish) each day, because you never know tomorrow might be your best :)

I'm half expecting a thread from will in 3weeks with the title.. DAOR oopss haha.

I've seen people so committed drop out before, even for the people that see it as a "last resort" how do you know they won't get in and think this is class!

Aye well put.

Will had better not f*cking DAOR after all the crap he went through on here haha, he sorted himself out after he finally got his date and he was bloody eager. Plus since he's at the top end of the recruitment age limit he knows he's only got this one chance. I reckon we'll have a post of him on his long weekend giving us the details, hopefully.

My advice through personal experience is,

Having completed basic training in 03/04 and moving onto My TRG unit I found that just as many lads where going home at weekends and coming back to camp and handing in there DOAR letters or simply just having an AWOL trip. In the short term everything seems so fantastic when you go home, your mates think your a legend, the ladys show more of an interest and you get use to it so much so you often find yourself becoming gready and wanting this as an 'everyday' lifestyle problem is it doesn't last I should know thats why am sat here In staid of down the naafi getting boozed up with some good lads. when you finish basic , keep your self in the same set mind, Dont start letting your commitment and standards slip , The grass is is not greener on the other side, I should know I DOAR'd 5 long painfull years ago

This is why Ive re-enlisted and start basic in a months time,

Whats it like when your in phase2 at weekends? I mean.... I guess wherever I am will be my "home" because I'm already independent as it is...

Do many people stay on base?

Well I was only in trg camps ie; st omar, deepcut , and leconsfield, I know that these were all shared rooms with the very occasional single room , most blocks where , 8 man rooms split into 2 groups of four. weekends where a blast when I stayed on camp going into town with the other lads , some lads just lived to far away so it wasnt worth the trip as you wouldn't really get much time to actually do anything, saying that though camp was still quite quiet though at weekends,