General Krulak

Discussion in 'US' started by Ryder02, Nov 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay - this may be one for JJH, but thowing it open to any of our colonial cousins (ducks and awaits incoming).

With an eye to recent developments in Korea, I pulled out a book that I hadn't read in a few years, namely "Victory at High Tide" by Robert Debs Heinl.

Whilst perusing it to see if it would enlighten me in someway to the current situation (it covers the landings at inchon during the Korean war) I came across a plate of Col Krulak, Ops Offr, USMC for the landings.

I have had a look at the normal sources of info, but what I want to know is if the famous "3 block war" and 31st commandant of the USMC is the son of Col Krulak as above (in other words is Col Krulak the same person as Lt. Gen. Victor H. "Brute" Krulak, USMC).

What can I say - its been a quiet night!

2. Yes indeed, the former Commandant is the son of the Brute. Interestingly, another son was a Navy Chaplain. Heinl's book is a classic and a great read.

3. Cheers guys - and might have a re-read of the book (yep - gonna be a quiet Saturday night too).