General Information - TSTs, Chicksands

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by EnglandSoul, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im hoping to join the Intelligence Corps so iv put it as my first job choice. Iv got my ADSC soon so i just wanted to know generally what should i expect and what have i got to learn for my TST. Iv been brushing up on my maths, volumes, fractions etc but is their anythin in particular which i NEED to know?

Also what does the introcution to Chicksands involve? Is it another rigourous test?

One final thing.. What is a likely place il be sent assuming i do get into the Intelligence Branch? Where have existing intelligence operatoratives been sent?

Any feedback would be greatly apreciated.

2. Go back to the INT CORPS Forum and look at the stickies RE: Recruitment and Selection. They will provide you all you need to know.

There seems little point brushing up on your maths, because the assessments are written and verbal. Read your post again and take the hint.

As to likely postings for an Intelligence Corps SOLDIER; think somewhere hot and dusty.

Good luck.
  3. I need to know what an 'operatorative ' is.
  4. Jesus Christ some people on this forum are such grammar Nazi's. Its an obvious typo if you haven't anything positive to contribute then keep your stupid sarcastic comments to yourself.
  5. Its bizarre how some new people manifest themselves with an inital post full of pathetic errors, such as "Iv" instead of "I've" and "introction" instead of, I assume, "introduction".

When (inevitably) they get told to look at the stickies and get a dictionary, their posts become a lot more articulate and lacking obvious errors.
  6. I'm thinking: "Security Section, PSR comment, 2008"...
  7. I'm thinking: "Wah..."
  8. I can see where you are coming from, but...

9. True. Initially I thought this person was typing on a keyboard which had its apstrophe key removed. However, the 2nd post reveals that they have, at least, awareness of the need for apostrophes.
  10. But apparently, no awareness of the need to shut the **** up now and again, chippy little cnut.
  11. aaaaaaaand yet again we take an enquiry and turn it into a grammar nazi-thon / spelling bee :) and some of you wonder why no-one wants to play dungeons and dragons with you.

think it might be time for another BARBGENIUS... get some egg back on some faces and some humility back out there ;)
  12. Oooh, get 'im!! Vic Mature getting all sensible. Looks like Barbgenius or a new alter ego might have to make a return. It appears the concept of humour has taken a leave of absence from these parts.
  13. But not during working hours. :wink:
  14. Guys, I have never heard the term "grammar-nazi" outside the Army. Note the changes in semantics and general standard of his spelling and punctuation. Even the title of the post and its layout is formatted in a somewhat military style.

If this isn't a fucking ruse I'm a dutchman - and my name isn't Deer van Hunter.
  15. If i were u id stp spkg in txt spk u chav prk.

And sort your spelling out cunt.