General info

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Tomo9700, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i just wanted some general info on the TA as there is not much online and i cant find the time to get down to the careers office from work :x ! i was due to join the regulars i was in the final stages but things have changed at home and with the misses so its gone off the list but now im up for the TA as i can be at home aswell as doing something i wanted to do all my life. so just a few questions if anyone would be kind to answer please. Also please no snide remarks as ive read in a few forums here from people just asking questions cheers.

1. Can you join a sort of para regiment in the TA
    2. Can you still get your lgv licenses if your in infantry
    3. How long will training take till your free to do most things
    4. How often can you go on a tour of somewere sandy and how long into the career will you be able to do it?
    5. Do you get stuck right into the depth of action and carry out the same tasks as regulars when your on tour?

thats it for now put ill post more if anything comes to mind..but please put all the information you know on anything else cheers.

2. 1.yes 2.yes but it my take a few years 3.approx 9months to 1year4. depends on what regt ur in and what you volenteer for 5.yes but somtimes depends on your job

3. No this is just plain lazy

4. msr

msr LE

Just go along to your local unit on a drill night and speak to them.

msr

5. Cheers abit of a dope question but when are drill nights?? :?
    Im in stockport if that helps.

6. msr

msr LE

I recommend the Infantry:

Stockport
    Medical - A Squadron, 207 (Manchester) Field Hospital
    Contact information : TA Centre, Greek Street, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK3 8AB (0161 480 4714)

Training Nights : Tuesday

Stockport
    Infantry - MMotor platoon B (Cheshire) Company 4 MERCIAN
    Contact information : TA Centre, Greek Street, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK3 8AB (0161 480 4714)

Training Nights : Tuesday

msr

7. Cheers!