General Help Please

I can’t see my plan changing but you’ve been there and done it and know alot more than I so I will keep that in mind
There’s an old saying:-
If you want to make God smile, tell him your plans.
Not that people never have their plans come to fruition, just that life gets in the way sometimes.
You’ll find that previous experience, whether in cadets or AR, can be a bit of a millstone at depot- the training team might expect more of you than they do of your peers. Use your knowledge to help your muckers without shoving it down their throat.
Nothing wrong with ambition but quiet confidence paired with solid competence is best until you find your feet.
Good luck, it would be interesting to see what you think in a couple of years.

id like to say reading back on the post, how you appear to be a focused and driven young lad .I know a couple of guys from the mean streets of major cities , ( Newcastle and Glasgow) who started off as juniors and ended up going the LE route one of whom is a well known face among the drop short community and both seem to have the attitude you have. Good luck with whatever you choose to do I feel that you will be successful.. but remember , RSM of an Infantry Bn let alone a Guards Bn and has far more kudos than you could ever find joining any corps
Thank you very much mate :)

I was your age when I joined the Craps [RAF] back in 1960, I'm from a mining area,
best thing I ever did, my dad was over the moon that I'd got out of mining,
Good training, life long friends, did things I could never do in civvy streeet
Work hard, remember life gets better as you go up in rank
Good luck and keep ARRSE posted on what you get up to, [good and bad]
Thanks, I’ll definitely keep you guys posted if you’re still reading

There’s an old saying:-
If you want to make God smile, tell him your plans.
Not that people never have their plans come to fruition, just that life gets in the way sometimes.
You’ll find that previous experience, whether in cadets or AR, can be a bit of a millstone at depot- the training team might expect more of you than they do of your peers. Use your knowledge to help your muckers without shoving it down their throat.
Nothing wrong with ambition but quiet confidence paired with solid competence is best until you find your feet.
Good luck, it would be interesting to see what you think in a couple of years.
Thank you, I’ll remember that :)

In their own very small and limited circle ^~
As much as I loathe to big up Brenda's Bodyguard CARRPS, being a bomb doctor or a top line Pashtu linguist are both all well and good, but you aint ever going to be on show in front of a worldwide TV audience in the 00s of millions.

As much as I loathe to big up Brenda's Bodyguard CARRPS, being a bomb doctor or a top line Pashtu linguist are both all well and good, but you aint ever going to be on show in front of a worldwide TV audience in the 00s of millions.
Very nice for them and I really hope they enjoy their “15 minutes” but in ‘real world’ terms they are less famous than love island or big brother contestants, and they are really utterly pointless.

And in military circles, outside of their Battalion, the Blue Red Blue or Sandhurst they are as unrecognisable or have as much/less impact as any Comd/Corps/Div/Bde/Trg/Regt/Random Warrant Officer :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
One more question (I seem to have alot of these), I’m in the army cadets and I’m not one of those that thinks it makes me a fully fledged member of 22 SAS but I do know simple things like shaping a decent beret and polishing/bulling boots and ironing, when I start my training should I tell my mates I was in cadets then I can show them how to do certain things if they’re stuck so we all look good or will I just look like a knob?
Pass on useful bits of information, but leave out the cadet part. I was the oldest in my training squad at 23, left home at 17, knew how to use a washing machine and an iron, so passed that on, we also had an ex cadet as well, he let it be known to all and sundry and got shat on for being a useless fucker by the DS who reckoned that he should've set an example and shone above us raw recruits.

Pass on useful bits of information, but leave out the cadet part. I was the oldest in my training squad at 23, left home at 17, knew how to use a washing machine and an iron, so passed that on, we also had an ex cadet as well, he let it be known to all and sundry and got shat on for being a useless fucker by the DS who reckoned that he should've set an example and shone above us raw recruits.
Thank you, I’ll bear that in mind

If you’re out on a Friday and enjoying a pint or two, if some twät decides to show he’s a big man and tries to provoke you, just walk away and pay no mind, it’s not worth it.... Heroes are not born in pub/clubs/etc fights, careers are curtailed or ruined by a punch or a glassing....

Latest Threads