• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

general gibgerish

grazia said:
Thank you very much!
yeah I know quite a bit about the army, my dad served for 29 years so I grew up with it and have a pretty good idea of what to expect in that sense, but just wanted a women's propective or what is was really like for women in the army and if it was really was as butch as i fear!
I think you may mean "perspective"

JockLass said:
Hi,

Sandhurst from a girls persepective:

My best girl friends are all from my Sandhurst Platoon - we're all different capabadges, but keep in touch and look after each other and have done for the past 10yrs or so. You're time at Sandurst will be stressfull, exhausting, hormonal and v good fun, but commissioning and being an officer in command of a Troop etc is the best job ever if your up to it. The Army is great fun, challenging, exciting and has great people - it is the people (soldiers and officers, male and female) that you work with that make the bad times worth it.

My woman to woman advice to you is: -

1. Get fit before Sandhurst and stay fit throughout your career - don't become a 'fat ass' in combats which some women do.

2. Set your personnal standards and maintain your self respect and never ever comprimise either! Those who cross the line of 'Values and Standards' and get caught-out tend to lost their commissions.

3. Be confident in your own ability and be robust - you don't need to lose your femininity, but don't be a pathetic wall flower that either gets walked over or needs rescuing all the time - you won't get any respect for it.

4. A well developed sence of humour and patience is a must - you'll be working in a male dominated environment - and you'll definately need it.

5. Be aware that most men will try it on in some form or other - to test your boundaries - so make sure your boundaries are well defined - and don't be naive or gullible and if you are - hide it.

6. Remember - the male ego is fragile so commanding as a women can be easy for two reasons: 1. men hate being beaten by women in anything - PT or range work for example. and 2. Men hate being disciplined by women OCs - especially if their told that their not up to standard! so all you have to do is be professional, meet all min standards and not be afraid to use the Mil Discipline system when needed.

7. AND FINALLY Join the army for the right reasons and choose your cap badge well.

have fun and good luck

JL
(fellow shoe shopper)
Errrr you missed the part about shagging your Troop SNCO/JNCO after the first social event and getting you both sacked. Admittidly that only applies to certain capbadges.

I've just been on the phone to Sandhurst. They say if you have your child there, then it will get pre-selected automatically for Sandhurst when it turns 18! Subsequently, if the CO is the father, then a little pony as well!

B

Biscuits_AB

JockLass said:
Hi,

My best girl friends are all from my Sandhurst Platoon - we're all different capabadges, but keep in touch and look after each other and have done for the past 10yrs or so. You're time at Sandurst will be stressfull, exhausting, hormonal and v good fun, but commissioning and being an officer in command of a Troop etc is the best job ever if your up to it. The Army is great fun, challenging, exciting and has great people - it is the people (soldiers and officers, male and female) that you work with that make the bad times worth it.

1. Get fit before Sandhurst and stay fit throughout your career - don't become a 'fat ass' in combats which some women do.

2. Set your personnal standards and maintain your self respect and never ever comprimise either! Those who cross the line of 'Values and Standards' and get caught-out tend to lost their commissions.

3. Be confident in your own ability and be robust - you don't need to lose your femininity, but don't be a pathetic wall flower that either gets walked over or needs rescuing all the time - you won't get any respect for it.

4. A well developed sence of humour and patience is a must - you'll be working in a male dominated environment - and you'll definately need it.

5. Be aware that most men will try it on in some form or other - to test your boundaries - so make sure your boundaries are well defined - and don't be naive or gullible and if you are - hide it.

6. Remember - the male ego is fragile so commanding as a women can be easy for two reasons: 1. men hate being beaten by women in anything - PT or range work for example. and 2. Men hate being disciplined by women OCs - especially if their told that their not up to standard! so all you have to do is be professional, meet all min standards and not be afraid to use the Mil Discipline system when needed.

7. AND FINALLY Join the army for the right reasons and choose your cap badge well.

have fun and good luck

JL
(fellow shoe shopper)
Nonsense. I've paid good money for that sort of thing.

Clearly, being literate is no longer a requirement for an officer:

JockLass said:
Hi,

You're time at Sandurst will be stressfull

your up to it

never ever comprimise either

you'll definately need it.

especially if their told that their not up to standard

JL
(fellow shoe shopper)

bless....

if i was a chick wanting to join up now, knowing what I know now.....

i'd shag like a 2-stroke... all the way to the top.

I know of a fair few subbies who shagged.. JNCO's, hmmm SNCOs..... hmmm CO's... Blowj*bs for OC's...... } GLEAMING OJARS = funny enough, did sweet f-all to their careers...

On the otherhand......I know a subbie who stood up on the table during a formal dinner(after a few bottles of red) to share a few kind, gentle,well thought out words albeit with a bit of finger pointing ....and let slip that his CO's wife was fit as f*ck... Well he's no longer in the army... .... ... ....

Morale of the story : Never under estimate 'P*ssy Power'! Go for it, shag the PTI at RMAS... best move you can make if you ask me.... and keep him sweet the whole year. And if you have the guts... nail the CSgt too... Once that's done... the sword will surely be yours!

Here's to calling a Spade a Spade.

Super advice from JockLass but may I emphasise a couple of points?

[quote="JockLass]2. Set your personnal standards and maintain your self respect and never ever comprimise either! Those who cross the line of 'Values and Standards' and get caught-out tend to lost their commissions.[/quote]

The key point here is don't get 'caught-out'! Always carry a set of SNCO rank slides for those 'early morning extractions' from the WOs' & Sgts' Mess.

[quote="JockLass]5. Be aware that most men will try it on in some form or other - to test your boundaries - so make sure your boundaries are well defined - and don't be naive or gullible and if you are - hide it.[/quote]

It's probably best to err on the side of sluttery as this will endear you to your fellow officers (I'll avoid genderising this as there will always be a choice these days!)

Anything to help!

JockLass said:
Hi,

have fun and good luck

JL
(fellow shoe shopper)
1. men hate being beaten by women in anything
fucking hell. obviously no danger of being beaten at spelling or grammar in your case :roll: ;)

still, good to know you haven't comprimised you're personnal standards. either that or you're sence of humour is definately good.

B

Biscuits_AB

grazia said:
hi,
new to this but just wondered whether their were any women on here who would be able to the tell me what sandhurst was like from a womens prospective,
there is a lot of the formal information/accounts of sandhurst life etc from men and not really women
i am thinking about going to sandhurst after uni but wonder whether i am just a bit too girile for it...i like getting all dressed up and shopping etc!!
thanks for all ur help!! xx
I like getting all dressed up too. Especially in frocks. What do you need to know?

How about Sandhurst from a persons perspective... I thought we were all equal now.

I don't suppose its possible that you imagine things will be different for a woman... You would probably be right but there you go!

Latest Threads