General Election in 2018

General Election in early 2018

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm still of the "No" persuasion, which probably guarantees one!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
. . . or it's The Thunderer mischief making. Again.
That would be my assumption.

The question for the Tories is what has changed since 2017 to give them a majority and the answer is absolutely nothing at all. In fact they've probably gone backwards.

It may be that May has decided that the only strategy for her going forward is to pull the house down if she doesn't get her way but it's not even clear now what that way is and what she would be pulling the house down for. The Brexiteers won't countenance Chequers and with Chequers Light the obvious argument is that things may as well stay as they are.

My concern now is that the games playing idiots on both sides are so focused on the game that they're prepared to trash key political principles and traditions which have delivered a period of civic peace on the mainland unparalleled in modern political history. I find that unforgivable. The toxic legacy of a second referendum would be horrendous such that I wonder at the true motivation of some of those calling for it - the discrediting of democracy being one of the standard requirements prior to the successful installation of some form of 'ist'.

Of course the other alternative is that Labour spin doctors are pushing 'election imminent' stories in order to keep the brothers and sisters aligned during their current contemplation of dialectical materialism in Liverpool.

That would be my assumption.

The question for the Tories is what has changed since 2017 to give them a majority and the answer is absolutely nothing at all. In fact they've probably gone backwards.

It may be that May has decided that the only strategy for her going forward is to pull the house down if she doesn't get her way but it's not even clear now what that way is and what she would be pulling the house down for. The Brexiteers won't countenance Chequers and with Chequers Light the obvious argument is that things may as well stay as they are.

My concern now is that the games playing idiots on both sides are so focused on the game that they're prepared to trash key political principles and traditions which have delivered a period of civic peace on the mainland unparalleled in modern political history. I find that unforgivable. The toxic legacy of a second referendum would be horrendous such that I wonder at the true motivation of some of those calling for it - the discrediting of democracy being one of the standard requirements prior to the successful installation of some form of 'ist'.

Of course the other alternative is that Labour spin doctors are pushing 'election imminent' stories in order to keep the brothers and sisters aligned during their current contemplation of dialectical materialism in Liverpool.
There is sense in what you say, FF: your final paragraph probably has more than an element of accuracy to it.

Cynically, I suspect that both parties have dipped into the bag marked 'A Close Source Said . . .'-Labour pulling out the 'let the Brothers and Sisters vote on Ref2' if only to say what bounces back from other commentators. Likewise, the nonsense of May going to the country in-what?-less than 2 months and at a point when Tory stock is desperately low.

God, but I feel depressed . . .

As an aside can we have the GE after middle of next year? That way I will be able to vote for the first time in the land of imperialistic oppressors.

I am no fan of the EU but I have a horrible feeling that this whole Brexit thing will end in disaster.

There is a danger that traitor Corbyn becomes Prime Minister because his party within a party, Momentum, are better organised that the current useless shower running the Conservative Party.

I see it will be the cause of the destruction of the UK with the Scots using it as an excuse for leaving the UK, and even NI might after a while decide that it is worth joining the South to stay in or re-join the EU. After a few years of pain the UK (or what remains of it) will decide to rejoin which will include the euro, Schengen, and no rebate.

I foresee that we we are setting ourselves up for a national humiliation on a scale exceeding Suez 100 fold. The French and Germans will make us pay for this.

Just my fears, and I really hope I am wrong.

Whatever happened to the idea of never give up a good fire position for a poor one. That is what we are doing by leaving.

Last edited:
I am no fan of the EU but I have a horrible feeling that this whole Brexit thing will end in disaster.

There is a danger that traitor Corbyn becomes Prime Minister because his party within a party, Momentum, are better organised that the current useless shower running the Conservative Party.

I see it will be the cause of the destruction of the UK with the Scots using it as an excuse for leaving the UK, and even NI might after a while decide that it is worth joining the South to stay in or re-join the EU. After a few years of pain the UK (or what remains of it) will decide to rejoin which will include the euro, Schengen, and no rebate.

I foresee that we we are setting ourselves up for a national humiliation on a scale exceeding Suez 100 fold. The French and Germans will make us pay for this.

Just my fears, and I really hope I am wrong.

Whatever happened to the idea of never give up a good fire position for a poor one. That is what we are doing by leaving.
Project Fear is alive and well!

All turning in to a bit of a farce.
i suppose that is what to expect when your political class turn out to be imbeciles.
wouldn't use them.for landfill

I see it will be the cause of the destruction of the UK with the Scots using it as an excuse for leaving the UK, and even NI might after a while decide that it is worth joining the South to stay in or re-join the EU.
Both Scotland and Northern Ireland voted remain. Might have been an opportunity to give the province to Eire - it would certainly have taken the hard / soft border out of the equation

Scotland doesn't matter either way. They don't really know what they want so they should just consider themselves lucky that we, the great and benevolent English are looking after their best interests for them.

<<Sits back with a bottle of beer and waits for the outrage tandem to turn up>>

Both Scotland and Northern Ireland voted remain. Might have been an opportunity to give the province to Eire - it would certainly have taken the hard / soft border out of the equation

Scotland doesn't matter either way. They don't really know what they want so they should just consider themselves lucky that we, great and benevolent English are looking after their best interests.

<<Sits back with a bottle of beer and waits for the outrage tandem to turn up>>
Have a like for the bold, and I wish we had a vote in Scottish independence

Out of morbid curiosity I looked him up on The Thirsk and Malton CLP site.Scrubs up well.
1468402085.png

Further down the page their "Disability Officer: James Forsdyke" who appears to be 12 years of age.
m5jf3et0yufzrdo_famwdwjmvvwcxpv4labidvc9atn7exsg930kwpjge98-aih6pstvgnej4ihqnj8lwwnu-8f6skgh9v...jpg

This seems to be the politicians way of trying to get out of it. I'm presuming she wants to lose, thereby not being the PM who actually takes the UK out of the EU.

Ferchristsake, why can't a politician grow a pair and lead! Bring back Maggie!

Edit: I can't be arsed to vote again now. It's boring the shit out me. Just hard Brexit and get on with it.

Oh NAAFI, bums tits clunge and jizz

Latest Threads