General Election Date - 06 May 2010

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pub_Regular, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bob Ainsworth lets it slip on Sky News that the Election will be on May 6th.

Broon will be having a chat with him just about now and coffee is not served!

Bring it on!!
  2. Won't be the first time Uncle Bob has talked bollo.. er speculativly...
  3. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

He didn't say it was on the 6th of May. What he said was, "I think the British public will wake up and rue the day if they wind up with a Conservative government in charge of this country after May 6,".

There is a whole lot of year left after that date.
  4. He actually paused and thought about it before he said it! We know he's a feckwit but he can't honestly be that bone.

Do Labour benefit from unleasing this date on the GP
  5. not really.
  6. THe tosser has already retrackted his statment
  7. It makes sense, Paliament dissolves at the start of the Easter recess. It means that the only significant thing left for the government is the budget, a budget which will be a complete denial of reality, a budget whos sole purpose is to garner Labour votes. Whoever wins will have to hold an emergency budget soon into the new Parliament.
  8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I understand that he has until the 3 June to have a General Election. But what would happen to him if he didn't?
    It wouldn't suprise me if he decided to not have one until later in the year, if he thought he could get away with it.
  9. He can invoke the Civil Contingencies Act and do whatever he likes. Of course there would need to be some justification for doing so to make it wash with the public, an increase in the security threat even if for no apparent reason :roll:
  10. Beat me to it; Broon and the rest of the sociopaths are so desperate to cling to power I would not put it past them to attempt the "Norsefire Scenario".
  11. I still believe that there is a chance this hopeless gang of incompetents will pull a 'national emergency' stunt and postpone the general election.

I think 'bobthedog' takes a serious risk including the words 'Chris Bryant' and 'arrse' in the same post.
  12. Im using those words with my back to the wall, and am under no obligation to bend over to pick up the soap in the shower.