General Election betting - will UKIP or BNP win a seat?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Micawber, Mar 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have come to the conclusion that the only way to stay sane during the oncoming General Election campaign is to treat it simply as a chance to have a bet and make some money.

The trouble is, the odds are so tight that is hard to find any value.

A Tory majority is 1/6 (bet £6 to win £1) which seems pretty thin. A Labour majority is 7/2 and the Lib Dems are 125/1, but we know that won't happen.

The only decent market seems to be whether UKIP 4/11 or the BNP 12/5
    will win a single seat.

So what do all you keen political analysts who generally affirm your truths on here with such vigour reckon?

Debate about policy is specifically excluded here, just a cold-eyed look at what you think WILL happen and not the respective merits.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

What are the odds for a hung parliament?

My money is on a slim Tory majority....if they manage to get their act together and do a better job of selling themselves than Osbourne did the other day in the non event that was the Chancellor's debate.

If they don't, there must be chance of a hung parliament.

What are the odds for the Scottish and Welsh results? The would be worth a punt too. :D
  3. I would not be surprised to see either the BNP or UKIP winning a seat or two, so may have a little punt on that. I think that Labour's alienation of both the workers and patriots promotes support for each of those parties respectively.
  4. I bet whoever wins the election will be as bent and corrupt as the regime in power now.
  5. I honestly do think they are a bunch of nutters, But I reckon that the BNP is going to get a seat.
  6. No overall control 13/8, Tories fail to win by more than 100 seats, 1/7

It's a propper live market, and Blair's speech at Hatfield today has moved it, but I couldn't tell you which way.

Lib Dems are now 300/1 with Blue Square.
  7. Small Tory win, with one of the nut job parties gaining a seat.
  8. The Lib Dems may even win a couple of seats!!
  9. :clap:
  10. Wasting your money mate - apart from the chance of Farage turfing out Bercoe as he will be the only opposition to the Speaker, as by convention Labour and Liberals will not put a candidate.

Nowhere else are UKIP or BNP going to get the most votes in a constituency - they will get a fair number of votes but without proportional representation they will fail to get any seats

11. I'll bet that whatever happens the bookies win. :D
  12. Rather hope you are right Odo, it would be nice to see Bercoe and his Mrs binned to the shadows. As to BNP I am sure there are going to be some seats that fall to them mainly in the South, could be the odd shock in the West Midlands.
    As to the final score the hung option is looking rather likely, but can't see Tory and Libs getting into bed together. As to Tony's contribution he is only likely to attract attention as he smells of rotten fish so much has been said about how he loathed Brown and now they are such good friends he also looks well "Tangoed" :D
  13. Sorry mate, no each way bets on this one! :D
  14. I bet whoever wins will be shot in a military coup within 6 months. After that, everything will be in soft focus and pastel colours with 'Greensleeves' playing gently in the background.

Oh! I'm in the Day Room. Nurse, more soup please.
  15. Either party will zero seats as they won't have enough votes in a constituency. However, Scottish National Party/Plaid Cymru could gain more seats and put the cat amongst the pigeons