General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is why I would like TBP to be given a chance.
To put it into context the US Republican Party came into being in 1855 as a one policy (anti slavery) party.
I too would love TBP to become a force & take us out fully of the EU. Despite media coverage it is a diverse party in terms of make up of it’s candidates & has, some far, come up with sensible policies.

Sadly, I think this election is just too important to risk a vote for them. The thought of Steptoe anywhere near #10 keeps me awake at night, hence, reluctantly I will vote Tory instead of TBP, particularly as my constituency has floated between labour & Tory the last couple of times.

[QUOTE

Now get off your blinkered high horse and admit all MPs are scavenging pigs at the trough and despicable creatures.
[/QUOTE]

Sadly , cannot argue with the last paragraph.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
Do NOT, under any circumstances, trust the results of any YouGov poll with regard the GE. Me and T'other half have ended up on their mailing list, and we are filling in a couple of polls a day, We try to work out which answer they are looking for and then choose the opposite :)

Todays all started "if you had to vote tomorrow", and then place in order of importance things like Defence, Police, NHS, Schools, Brexit, climate change..... They kept tweeking the question, but 'Climate change' was always an option, and ALWAYS went bottom :)

Sad, but it makes filling in the stuff sort of entertaining

According to the polls today, it's just you!

Possibly more that Car Crash Corbyn is utterly kucking up Labour's campaign rather than Boris running a stunningly good one.

I'm still unsre whether to vote Brexit Party or Conservative, I really canno ttell which has the bezt chance of unseating the Labour incumbent here

My bold .. I know its the mail but apparently they are going to list constituencies where to vote BP would let a Corbyn stooge in …. But reading the comments on that story shows many people are unsure of bojo's deal, if it still lets the EU have too much say! Nigel Farage faces mounting pressure to stand down

Have you had a look at any of the various tactical voting info out there along with sites like www.electoralcalculus.co.uk etc?

Had a look at the Green tactical voting list, noticed my constituency isn't on it despite local Green candidate stating they won't stand against Labour which makes it more marginal for the Con incumbent.
A Brexit Party vote here would almost ensure Labour.

Interesting little algorithm, lets hope its accurate and allows the BP to really hurt the labour muppets without endangering marginal tory seats!

Blogg

LE
Do NOT, under any circumstances, trust the results of any YouGov poll with regard the GE. Me and T'other half have ended up on their mailing list, and we are filling in a couple of polls a day, We try to work out which answer they are looking for and then choose the opposite :)

Todays all started "if you had to vote tomorrow", and then place in order of importance things like Defence, Police, NHS, Schools, Brexit, climate change..... They kept tweeking the question, but 'Climate change' was always an option, and ALWAYS went bottom :)

True. I used to be on YG panel but was deselected as my views were not representstive.

Hmm. I see.

Opinion Polls my arrse.

Opinion Forming Polls

My bold .. I know its the mail but apparently they are going to list constituencies where to vote BP would let a Corbyn stooge in …. But reading the comments on that story shows many people are unsure of bojo's deal, if it still lets the EU have too much say! Nigel Farage faces mounting pressure to stand down

Boris's deal isn't great. i would prefer no deal at all.
However I am a realist, I'll take the Boris deal as the withdrawal agreement because there is nothing in it that prevents a hardball final deal (unlike TM's deal which left the final say with the EU, it is fundamentally different)

I'm primarily concerned with trying to get the weasel Labour MP in this constituency out of office
This was a strongly leave constituency and the toad has voted to prevent it at every opportunity.

I'm inclined to vote BP but I think that the Conservatives have a fighting chance of winning
Polling data in Wales suggests the Conservatives could win here, if that looks realistic I will vote Conservative but it is using Wales data as a whole and transposing it on to the 2017 vote share in this constituency

Truxx

LE

Mrs truxx and I do the same- except early on she put down her preference for remain whilst I declared leave. Since then we have had different polls with a mix of questions, some the same, others quite subtly different.

So I agree. Polls are worth nowt

Boris's deal isn't great. i would prefer no deal at all.
However I am a realist, I'll take the Boris deal as the withdrawal agreement because there is nothing in it that prevents a hardball final deal (unlike TM's deal which left the final say with the EU, it is fundamentally different)

I'm primarily concerned with trying to get the weasel Labour MP in this constituency out of office
This was a strongly leave constituency and the toad has voted to prevent it at every opportunity.

I'm inclined to vote BP but I think that the Conservatives have a fighting chance of winning
Polling data in Wales suggests the Conservatives could win here, if that looks realistic I will vote Conservative but it is using Wales data as a whole and transposing it on to the 2017 vote share in this constituency
try keying your post code into this it might help in your decision making.
www.electoralcalculus.co.uk etc?

@jagman2 and @ex_colonial

Another site you may already be aware of voterpower.org.uk
which I had brought to my attention courtesy of Arrse.
I'm glad ex colonial brought it to your notice Jagman as I'd failed to address it to you directly.
The whole sites for the above are worth exploring if you get chance.

I consider them pretty impartial and also very current.
Wonder whether the wisdom of the Arrse crowd would concur and add any others whilst also pointing out loopholes and bias with others.

One of the reasons I brought electoral calculus and Arrse to Plantymajors attention whilst studying A Level Govt and Politics was getting some pretty accurate data.

SDFA

Swinger
Today I had a spare half hour in the pub (billy no mates) and took to Twitter to see wassup. I really cannot believe how mince some people are! A lib Democrat supporter was suggesting that Swinson would be a good PM 'if only she could get 300 seats'. Another told me that the NHS problems in Wales and Scotland are not the fault of the devolved governments, but Westminsters fault for withholding funding. These people are the type that ask Alexa what the weather is before going out...open your eyes, look out the curtain and work with it!!!

Does that mean she reads Arrse and knows your identity on here......?
No, it means she's a colleague and I'm not going to run her down for the edification of a bunch of cnuts I've never met.

Tyk

LE
True. I used to be on YG panel but was deselected as my views were not representstive.

Hmm. I see.

Opinion Polls my arrse.

Opinion Forming Polls
I can't say this surprises me one bit, not representative of the views that match a specific agenda is the reality.
Polls like any statistic can be manipulated massively, I treat them with a huge amount of scepticism, I'm sure an awful lot of people do.
On the election I hope that the Conservatives win with a workable majority, Corbyn is dangerous and Lib Dems are just deranged. Brexit Party stand no realistic chance of doing anything other than stopping a Conservative majority and putting the Marxists in which would be a disaster.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woopert ARRSE: Site Issues 32
Bravo_Bravo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 44
Auld-Yin Brexit 52

Latest Threads