General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that’s my vote cast - the village hall is 200 metres away from our house. First one of the day apparently. I’m now going to give all MSM a stiff ignoring until the Exit Poll is announced this evening. I’m hopeful there are sufficient numbers of the silent majority across the country to cast Corbyn and McDonnell into Political oblivion.
ETA: However, if the silent majority decide to return Corbyn or a hung Parliament, I won’t like it, but I’ll accept it. That’s Democracy after all.
The Liberal Democrat’s thank you for your vote.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Why not have the vote on a Saturday? That'd make it more accessible for most, surely?
That's right, ruin everybody's weekend.

Because journalists and the MSM are not interested in building rapport, their aim is to lure him into a trap and trip him up so they have a nice juicy headline.
It was hardly a lure of sophistication and cunning.

Johson and the rest seem on a par with Side Show Bob.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
BBC news channel on ALL DAY, until 2200 - might even put the sound on, not watched it for yonks

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Voting is compulsory is Australia. Don’t vote and you get a fine. Don’t register to vote and you get a fine and can’t access government services. Don’t pay your fine and it doubles.

You don’t need a polling card; you show up to the polling station, prove your ID and bobs your aunty’s cat. If you’re not in your constituency on Election Day, you can arrange an early vote or a postal vote. There’s no way you can be on two electoral rolls; they’re maintained by a federal electoral commission. The UK is in urgent need of electoral reform.

Not that compulsory voting produces a better class of politician.
Voting itself is not compulsory but if you are registered to vote you have to attend a polling station and have your name crossed off the list of eligible voters. You are within your rights to then do a smart about turn and depart.

E2A: I'm not sure I've been asked to prove my identity, just state my address.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Voting itself is not compulsory but if you are registered to vote you have to attend a polling station and have your name crossed off the list of eligible voters. You are within your rights to then do a smart about turn and depart.

E2A: I'm not sure I've been asked to prove my identity, just state my address.
Are biff chits allowed?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC news channel on ALL DAY, until 2200 - might even put the sound on, not watched it for yonks
It won't be news. It will be speculation, with an agenda.
Listen to 4 extra, watch the news at 10 tonight. Vote early (and often), and pray the weather doesn't keep people at home. A massive turnout and a Boris/Brexit win should do it, then look at the faces of Jo Swinson and Seumas Milne in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads