General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are looking up:

Dear Devonboy, Maybe, but he's OUR complete bastard. Unlike Corbyn who isn't ours, but does tick the rich toff boxes.

More of the pulling at heart strings stuff that is being widely shared across social media to make people vote Labour
Screenshot_20191209-114104_Facebook.jpg

This would be the Jack who's mummy is a school mentor and diehard Labourite?

Not the Jack who was sent home after the Doctor said he had nothing worse than flu?

Last edited:

NSP

LE
More of the pulling at heart strings stuff that is being widely shared across social media to make people vote Labour
View attachment 435794
Nothing to do with hospital (mis)management, just the "evil" Tories, then?

My local hospital has a very good top-level manager and thus runs rather efficiently, even in A&E.

When I've been referred for a scan max wait is two days. Same day, no appointment, for X-ray. Choice of providers and locations/dates for MRIs and CATs - again, only a couple of days between referral and appointment.

Nip down to Exeter (Labour stronghold, funnily enough) and it's a bit of a different story. My old dear waits weeks between referral and appointment. Same NHS, same central funding, different management.

Okay, larger population to serve - but there's two large hospitals in Exeter. In my town there's still a sizeable population (over a wider catchment area due to serving the rural population as well as the urban one) but only one tiddly hospital (relatively speaking).

Mefinks that whining lefty medicos might want to look at the management practices and inefficiencies in their hospitals before they point the finger at the government of the day.

Of course, when we leave the EU there'll be an extra £350m a week for the NHS so everyone'll be happy. [/sarc]

Last edited:
The problem with that strategy is that it's allowed Labour to slowly close the gap. They need to be very aggressive in the last few days of the campaign to point out:
  • Only they will deliver Brexit.
  • Corbyn and the Labour party are institutionally antisemitic
  • Corbyn's economic policies will ruin the UK's economy.
If they don't go postal on Labour, they run the risk of only getting a small majority.

Wordsmith
Aggressive or simply canvass tactically, wisely but dominate the Labour areas which Jezza has given the two fingers to.

Tactical smart voting in this GE is key, hence why Blair & Major are asking the deluded followers to vote for the independent MP's to ensure those turncoats are key players.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
On a subject of pushing leaflets through doors, the Conservative one arrived a couple of weeks ago.

In the last few days I've had the Lib Dem one and Labour one - almost token effort given most postal votes would have been sent off now, I assume?

It's almost like they've realised the "Tory strongholds" are not worth contesting and they are going to concentrate their efforts on the marginal and simply not waste too much effort on the former.

Two things:

1. Nothing says "we only care about winning and little else" more than prioritising your campaign in such a tactical way.

2. Whilst I appreciate every political party would do the same to win, nothing screams hypocrisy than a party doing such a thing whose strapline reads "For the many, not the few". Indeed.

On a subject of pushing leaflets through doors, the Conservative one arrived a couple of weeks ago.

In the last few days I've had the Lib Dem one and Labour one - almost token effort given most postal votes would have been sent off now, I assume?

It's almost like they've realised the "Tory strongholds" are not worth contesting and they are going to concentrate their efforts on the marginal and simply not waste too much effort on the former.

Two things:

1. Nothing says "we only care about winning and little else" more than prioritising your campaign in such a tactical way.

2. Whilst I appreciate every political party would do the same to win, nothing screams hypocrisy than a party doing such a thing whose strapline reads "For the many, not the few". Indeed.
Unsurprisingly, I live in a strongly held Labour area yet the Brexit Party are canvassing heavily.

Zero leaflets/canvassing from no other party thus far & it's if they are not even bothered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NSP

LE

Dear Devonboy, Maybe, but he's OUR complete bastard. Unlike Corbyn who isn't ours, but does tick the rich toff boxes.
Maaliktomtom has missed the revelations made in Parliament that around half the Windrush deportations happened under Labour, who must therefore have introduced the policy to start with and then the CS continued it under the new government until instructed to desist.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Aggressive or simply canvass tactically, wisely but dominate the Labour areas which Jezza has given the two fingers to.

Tactical smart voting in this GE is key, hence why Blair & Major are asking the deluded followers to vote for the independent MP's to ensure those turncoats are key players.
I'm note sure tactical voting will have much effect. The "remain/spend money the country hasn't got" vote has coalesced around Labour and the Brexit vote around the Tories - the minor parties are being squeezed.

Blair and Major are EU groupies p!ssed off the little people didn't listen to them; no surprises there.

Wordsmith

My local hospital has a very good top-level manager and thus runs rather efficiently, even in A&E.

When I've been referred for a scan max wait is two days. Same day, no appointment, for X-ray. Choice of providers and locations/dates for MRIs and CATs - again, only a couple of days between referral and appointment.

Nip down to Exeter (Labour stronghold, funnily enough) and it's a bit of a different story. My old dear waits weeks between referral and appointment. Same NHS, same central funding, different management.

Okay, larger population to serve - but there's two large hospitals in Exeter. In my town there's still a sizeable population (over a wider catchment area due to serving the rural population as well as the urban one) but only one tiddly hospital (relatively speaking).

Mefinks that whining lefty medicos might want to look at the management practices and inefficiencies in their hospitals before they point the finger at the government of the day.

Of course, when we leave the EU there'll be an extra £350m a week for the NHS so everyone'll be happy. [/sarc]
Most folk in the NHS don't understand finances. Same as the forces. Hence they don't see the need to be as efficient as possible. Just ask the government for more cash.

Okay, larger population to server - but there's two large hospitals in Exeter. In my town there's still a sizeable population (over a wider catchment area due to serving the rural population as well as the urban one) but onlu one tiddly hospital (relatively speaking).

It's always the "evil tories" (TM) when the public service staff look at things.

In some ways you can't blame them - where they sit, all they see is more and more demand, which the available resources never seem to be able to meet. Trouble is they concentrate exclusively on the perceived shortfall, without considering that :

1. NHS resources have actually gone up in real terms, year on year. The NHS budget was ringfenced from cuts during the Osborne years.
2. The "shortfall" is not "cuts" or "austerity", but actually failure to increase the budget by a large percentage above inflation to cater for the growing demand.
3. Year on year rises of that ilk do not suddenly stop. They are permanent - and unfortunately may not be affordable in the great scheme of things.

It's demand that drives this - and in an ever-ageing population, with ever higher expectations of care, meeting the demand is probably impossible. At some point the healthcare budget (as a percentage of overall government spending - and hence taxation) becomes unsustainable.

I can't see how that advice will help the limp undems.
I'd watch her interviews if she wore more revealing clothes, I might cheat and turn the sound off though

It's demand that drives this - and in an ever-ageing population, with ever higher expectations of care, meeting the demand is probably impossible. At some point the healthcare budget (as a percentage of overall government spending - and hence taxation) becomes unsustainable.
Crunch point is @2040
At that point, age and diabetes, the country will exist to pay for the NHS, not the NHS to serve the nation.
The NHS is racing headlong into permanent crisis - the funding model must change, there has to be a stick for bad lifestyle choices

Falling Plate

War Hero
She was on telly earlier, apparently, not that watch any of them. Did she mention

Deaths of children due to infected water in their flagship Glasgow hospital?
Children's hospital in Edinburgh lying unopened costing millions each week?
Scotland now officially behind Latvia and Slovenia in the educational league tables?
Shambles of centralised police force?
Drug death capital of Europe?
Highest deficit in Europe?
Highest taxed, lowest economic growth part of UK?
Flagship bridge which has done nothing to relieve traffic congestion?
Local authority budgets slashed due to SNP fiscal mismanagement, causing many vital community services to suffer or close?
Calmac ferry fiasco?
New Scottish stock exchange fiasco?
To name but a few.

No, thought not.
Westminster's Fault, as they have not quadrupled the amount of dosh they give to Scotland, in the last 10 years.

Falling Plate

War Hero

mrdude

War Hero
View attachment 435794
I'm just wondering where the pile of coats came from, were people just randomly walking about and decided to throw their coat on the ground? Or was the sprog in A+E feeling a bit tired - and as all 4 year olds do, just decided to have a kip there and then & the parents put a coat over them while they were waiting to be seen?

Some people are just retarded enough to think that the NHS just has a spare coat pile - that they use for covering small kids up, hahaha - what a bunch of mongs!

DTBA

Old-Salt
I'm just wondering where the pile of coats came from, were people just randomly walking about and decided to throw their coat on the ground? Or was the sprog in A+E feeling a bit tired - and as all 4 year olds do, just decided to have a kip there and then & the parents put a coat over them while they were waiting to be seen?

Some people are just retarded enough to think that the NHS just has a spare coat pile - that they use for covering small kids up, hahaha - what a bunch of mongs!
They're all the nurses coats. They leave them there whilst they go fill up the parking meter with £20 notes and join the endless foodbank queue. Angels, every last one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads