General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truxx

LE
Return Of Service for doctors in Ontario is up to 5 years, and the ROS agreement includes location during the ROS period. The actual length of time can vary according to location. Presumably less desirable locations may permit them to discharge their ROS obligations more quickly.
Thank you. I wonder why no- one is prepared to grasp the nettle here?
I suspect that it is the untouchable nature of the NHS. No one dares.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Why has this happened?
I joined in 07 and it wasn’t like that then.

As far as I can see, the downward spiral that will continue for at least the next 3 years has more than a passing relationship to the funding and staffing cuts.
I disagree, it is down to a general dumbing down of training & standards. No more regional training schools. All now done in house. Not taught the basics of law & procedure. Students, (as they are now known) with degrees who cannot spell or punctuate.

Trainers who are just not up to the job of actually training. A senior management cadre who are frankly inept & far to politicised.

Too much emphasis on promotion. Frontline 24/7 uniform policing seeing as something to be endured until you can move onto a squad or as some sort of punishment detail if you fcuk up. We have Detectives who I wouldn’t want to investigate the disappearance of a cat, let alone serious crime.

I to this day maintain my force has the right numbers, they are just not in the right places. Far too many are tucked away in squads & offices doing jobs that don’t require a warranted officer.

We’ve just set up some sort of moving forward team to take us into the next 10 years, which consists of a superintendent, a Chief Inspector, two Inspectors & 2 sergeants. Totally unnecessary & full of those on the greasy pole to the next rank. We are ridiculously top heavy in rank. We as a small force of 1700 cops have a CC a deputy CC, 3 x Asst CC, 5 x Chief Superintendents. But can’t put enough uniform PCs out without constantly paying overtime. IT is utterly bonkers. We have a squad for everything, but each has its own tiny remit that means they deal with very little.

A CC who has removed all policies & standards wanting free thinkers. Absolute bollox. We need intelligent people but they still need to be held to account. All we have now is a culture or do as you please, nobody will challenge you.

ETA. A unsatisfactory performance & attendance procedure that is as much use as a chocolate fire guard unless you are a useless, lead swinging no mark, then it is happy days & a career of to££ing it off of epic proportions.

And breath.

Last edited:
Well certainly not BJ... especially when it has been vouchsafed that his integrity and honesty would be the subject of particular scrutiny.

No, but he is a very able journalist and a very useful conduit to the public. Journalism and the press are considered very useful to politicians, as well.... at least when politicians feel that they will be useful to them.

If journalists don't hold politicians up to scrutiny, who else will?
I don't think the blue collar Leave vote that he is targeting in Labour seats up North pay much attention to Brillo .
He did the right thing by going on " This Morning " where he was able to address the female part of that target audience at least .

Well certainly not BJ... especially when it has been vouchsafed that his integrity and honesty would be the subject of particular scrutiny.

No, but he is a very able journalist and a very useful conduit to the public. Journalism and the press are considered very useful to politicians, as well.... at least when politicians feel that they will be useful to them.

If journalists don't hold politicians up to scrutiny, who else will?
the magic word is journalist! Unfortunately not many of those now exist in mainstream media which is why we never get non biased news anymore and instead get the narrative of the reporter who is politically biased

Truxx

LE
There are perhaps two styles of media interview:-
1. With coffee and biccies; a journey into someones shallow opinions and usually delivered with soft focus.
2. Without coffee and biccies; Which is an interview of random and trawled for quotes, gaffs and misinterperation to try and unsettle the target enough, to either lose their cool and bite, or act without resolution and be accused of evasion.

Never trust the media should be stapled onto anyone in the public eye. But ego what it is, the worst thing you can do is have a TV Crew following you around for a hatchet documentary.
Years ago I had a list of interview requests for Gen Mike Jackson. You name it, they were all there from Richard an Judy to Jay Leno. It was not that long after returning from Kosovo and that Pristina airport thing.

Not one request suggested that they wanted to ask about telling Wes Clark to do one. But that was what they were after.

I gave him the list and Craggy Faced Bloke growled, looked down the list, stabbed on and said " that one. No others"

It as Tim Sebastian and Hard Talk.

First question? Pristina airport which Jacko booted into the long grass easy as.

I see John Major, the sad has been still cant let it go.

And appeasing Andrew Neil is the way to get it............feck me Andy, yer a great guy, an absolute advertisement for Scotland.....gon yersel........Andy is ra chamption....... Oh ho ho, get the removals ready, were moving..........
Ironically, the BBC may have just been hoist on their own petard by this issue. If Boris coldly defies Neill and goes on to win a good majority, the unhealthy fixation with the TV interview/debate as political kingmaker will be broken...

Ironically, the BBC may have just been hoist on their own petard by this issue. If Boris coldly defies Neill and goes on to win a good majority, the unhealthy fixation with the TV interview/debate as kingmaker will be broken...
outsude the media bubble, no one really cares about these ‘Leaders debates’.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I disagree, it is down to a general dumbing down of training & standards. No more regional training schools. All now done in house. Not taught the basics of law & procedure. Students, (as they are now known) with degrees who cannot spell or punctuate.

Trainers who are just not up to the job of actually training. A senior management cadre who are frankly inept & far to politicised.

Too much emphasis on promotion. Frontline 24/7 uniform policing seeing as something to be endured until you can move onto a squad or as some sort of punishment detail if you fcuk up. We have Detectives who I wouldn’t want to investigate the disappearance of a cat, let alone serious crime.

I to this day maintain my force has the right numbers, they are just not in the right places. Far too many are tucked away in squads & offices doing jobs that don’t require a warranted officer.

We’ve just set up some sort of moving forward team to take us into the next 10 years, which consists of a superintendent, a Chief Inspector, two Inspectors & 2 sergeants. Totally unnecessary & full of those on the greasy pole to the next rank. We are ridiculously top heavy in rank. We as a small force of 1700 cops have a CC a deputy CC, 3 x Asst CC, 5 x Chief Superintendents. But can’t put enough uniform PCs out without constantly paying overtime. IT is utterly bonkers. We have a squad for everything, but each has its own tiny remit that means they deal with very little.

A CC who has removed all policies & standards wanting free thinkers. Absolute bollox. We need intelligent people but they still need to be held to account. All we have now is a culture or do as you please, nobody will challenge you.

And breath.
It’s always been like that. In the Met they have Ch Supt’s in charge of Boroughs, whilst in the counties I think it’s Supt’s who are in charge.
At borough we had a Ch Supt, A Supt, I can’t remember how many Ch Inspectors but my gawd it was quite a few. And I have no friggin idea how many Commanders and above the Met had other than too many, I doubt things have changed much in the last 15 years or so.

It’s always been like that. In the Met they have Ch Supt’s in charge of Boroughs, whilst in the counties I think it’s Supt’s who are in charge.
At borough we had a Ch Supt, A Supt, I can’t remember how many Ch Inspectors but my gawd it was quite a few. And I have no friggin idea how many Commanders and above the Met had other than too many, I doubt things have changed much in the last 15 years or so.
Our boroughs, Divisions, each have. Ch Supt. Supt. Two uniform Chief Insps & two DCI’s, 5 shift inspectors, another 5 in charge of each policing section. Numerous DI’s who seem to breed at will. Then a custody insp on each Division, but answer to Crim Justice who have a admin insp, a chief insp & a Supt. In fact my car stodgy block has less Sgts, (a vital & essential role) than insp & above in CJ.

We are a force of 1700, this set up is replicated across the force. I read somewhere once our manager to staff ratio compared to comparable forces around the world. Needless to say we have far too many.

If you're going to cut and paste from the Sun, you should at least credit the source.
It was a media cut n paste response to a bunch of media cut n paste..............couldn't be arrsed, but you are correct and I hang my head in shame.........mainly becuase some people might have thought I made it all up myself :mad:

It was a media cut n paste response to a bunch of media cut n paste..............couldn't be arrsed, but you are correct and I hang my head in shame.........mainly becuase some people might have thought I made it all up myself :mad:
To add to the lies.
Even R5 was forced to admit that homelessness peaked during the Blair years and then fell dramatically Under the coalition.
It is now slowly rising but nowhere near as bad.

Imagine the pig-headed stupidity of it: Believing Brexit will harm the economy, but voting for a Marxist who would bankrupt it.

The health service will not form part of any post-Brexit trade deal. Not if it was offered “on a silver platter”, according to Donald Trump. Boris Johnson says it is off-limits anyway.

Corbyn pretends even that isn’t enough. Why? Because that really IS all he has.

His manifesto is a dishonest dossier of ruinously costly bribes likely to destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs. More vast, uncosted freebies are produced daily as Labour’s desperation grows.

But the most deceitful ruse of all is the big lie on the NHS. Remainers never tire of pronouncing that Boris, whom they would hero-worship had he sided with them in 2016, cannot be trusted.

Yet these same people will back Corbyn despite knowing his manifesto is a destructive fantasy and his main anti-Tory attack a total invention. He is a liar, but he’s THEIR liar, and on him rests their last hope for Brexit’s reversal.

UNDER the Blair and Brown Governments our pupils plummeted down global league tables for maths and literacy. Labour ploughed money into school buildings but forgot the point of them.

Millions saw Corbyn’s TV humiliation on Tuesday night. Yesterday he hoped to throw up a smokescreen with a pack of lies over the NHS.
But the “secret dossier” he dramatically unveiled reveals nothing to counter the Tories’ manifesto pledge that the health service will never be part of a US trade deal. Labour’s claims have not a shred of truth and, worse still, they know it.
Hard-left conspiracy cranks may swallow baseless anti-Tory fantasies. Voters are too shrewd — indeed they turn against those who spread them.
On TV they saw a man vying to become PM who is clueless about basic economics. Who, asked if he could give the split-second order to kill a terrorist leader, preferred to “look at how we created these dangers”. Get that? How WE created them.

A man who would plug a pension gap with £58billion he has no idea how to find. Who would strike a new Brexit deal but would not campaign for it and cannot name anyone else who would.
A liar, a racist, a fantasist and a fool.
Keep Corbyn out on December 12.
You can count on my vote for The Conservatives.
Hope that helps.

You can count on my vote for The Conservatives.
Hope that helps.
Your vote is sacrosanct. My current annoyance, I guess its anger, is directed at the misinformation being spewed by the media who are enjoying a renaissance in political reporting purely because they have the means to trawl and exploit the past in ways hitherto unattainable in both actuality and in scale. There is little difference between politicians of today and those of yesteryear when it comes to their honesty or integrity. Politics is a dirty business, it is a tough business and sometimes it can be fatal........not a domain for snowflakes.

Hugh Dalton was a former MP for In my constituency - a labour man who was the complete antithesis of Jeremy Corbyn, served in Churchill's war cabinet, opposed Chamberlin's appeasment policies, opposed pacifism and supported rearmament in the face of Nazi oppression. If he were standing today he would get my vote.......but he isn't and neither is Labour because they have held this f**king seat for almost 100 years during which the place has remained poor and skint (lifted from another poster). If nothing changes we will still be poor and skint in 3019.

ETA. A unsatisfactory performance & attendance procedure that is as much use as a chocolate fire guard unless you are a useless, lead swinging no mark, then it is happy days & a career of to££ing it off of epic proportions.

And breath.
Again, I agree with a lot of what you say.

My Force, Hampshire, seem to have acted quickly and early with regards to money saving.
We shed 1000 cops early on, that’s 25% as compared to a national average of 15%.

We definitely do not have enough anywhere, we lost nearly all of our squads and everyone became a generalist. This however meant that we didn’t specifically address drugs/robbery/ burglary etc because no one had the depth of knowledge or dedicated time after the experience was lost.

Shifts of 6 cover where 15 used to, Beat Teams are working with about 1 third of what they used to have. My Force also only survives on O/T. Great if you want the cash and don’t have a family but not sustainable.

Educational standards are dropping, not in terms of qualifications but written work is declining in quality.

I will be gone in little over 2 years. I will not see much of the uplift, which is sad to say, I would have liked to have left when things were on the up.

A non sarcastic edit for a change.

When I worked at a large government department on Petty France, there was a dosser who had the prime spot right outside St James Park tube station. Occasionally he was absolutely off his tits, but most of the time he was lucid but looked tense as he held his empty Costa cup out for 'any spare change', he'd ignore food or other non cash gifts. After about 6 months I clocked what was happening; every hour or so, a dodgy looking geezer would walk past him, nod or exchange a few words and peer into his cup. When he passed by and the cup had £10 or more in it, he'd take the cup off him and hand him back another one. Empty but for a wrap of spice or other drug, and said dosser wold wander off somewhere private, before reappearing about 4-5 hours later.
Vicar at a local church does a lot of street work; he advises people *not* to give money to beggars but to offer other aid where possible.

Years ago I had a list of interview requests for Gen Mike Jackson. You name it, they were all there from Richard an Judy to Jay Leno. It was not that long after returning from Kosovo and that Pristina airport thing.

Not one request suggested that they wanted to ask about telling Wes Clark to do one. But that was what they were after.

I gave him the list and Craggy Faced Bloke growled, looked down the list, stabbed on and said " that one. No others"

It as Tim Sebastian and Hard Talk.

First question? Pristina airport which Jacko booted into the long grass easy as.
The media portrays itself as a noble entity chasing down Watergate like scandals and speaking truth to power.
In reality, they are whores and gutter trash of the very worst kind. In our old jobs, many of us saw the preening pieces of dogs**t sniffing around for a story to sell and like any salesman, no trick is beneath contempt if it garners an exclusive. Any young soldier would be massively foolish to ever speak to the media.

When you look dispassionately at politics the things you realise early is the worst kind of politico are sponsored by the media. Boris who I will vote for nevertheless, s part of that dishonourable guard and I find never-ending amusement listening to liars decry another liar.

I think lawyers and journalists should be disbarred from public service in politics as both are the cause of all that is ill in society.

From Burger King actually...

A bold move for them to stick their head above the parapet.Lets hope no one mentions how little BK pay in UK taxation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads