General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brexit is deffo a little Englander complex.
Would you be willing to take the beating from a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of N Irish, Welsh & Jocks for calling them '' little Englanders '' ?

Idiotic comments like that are why you get ridiculed on an almost daily basis.

Get back to serving soup.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Would you be willing to take the beating from a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of N Irish, Welsh & Jocks for calling them '' little Englanders '' ?

Idiotic comments like that are why you get ridiculed on an almost daily basis.

Get back to serving soup.
I don't serve soup.

The best thing to do is put the blithering idiot on ignore. He's just an old duffer whose marbles have gone.
I have but you still see people's responses when they bite.

Brexit or no Brexit, you are in for a huge disappointment if you think the EU will be content to stop at a loose confederation of states.
And that is exactly the point again. Any coherent Remain strategy needs a plan to preserve UK's interests where the Federal road map diverges from them. This is what Remain has consistently failed to articulate, leading to the conclusion that they don't care, ergo they put closer EU integration as a higher priority than the interests of the UK.

Whilst I have always respected BL's position, he does need to explain how he thinks we can keep successfully fighting Britain's corner whilst still a member of a relentlessly federalising EU.

And that is exactly the point again. Any coherent Remain strategy needs a plan to preserve UK's interests where the Federal road map diverges from them. This is what Remain has consistently failed to articulate, leading to the conclusion that they don't care, ergo they put closer EU integration as a higher priority than the interests of the UK.

Whilst I have always respected BL's position, he does need to explain how he thinks we can keep successfully fighting Britain's corner whilst still a member of a relentlessly federalising EU.
Even Cameron got that sorted out before the referendum:
"It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union. The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States, so as to make it clear that the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom."

Still, you'll now get the normal "but that promise was never made law" or that the EU would renege on it before it was put into a treaty despite the draft being lodged with the UN.
People see what they want to see. Nothing will change.

It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union.
Right

The UK is not committed to further Political integration. The EU is set on further Political integration.

Tell me you can see the blindingly obvious problem with that one.

The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States,
There will not be a revision of treaties. There will be a whole NEW Treaty.

Latest Threads