General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the last hour whole two hours - primarily - watching repeats of BBT/Penny ;) .

Kaley Cuoco is just so preferable to ANY politician :) !!

When switching back/over, during the adverts, I did notice the SAME persons (plural !), asking questions of multiple leaders ?!

Raises questions!

Why/how were THEY identified as being articulate . . . the (only?) ones with questions . . . that the producer wanted asking ?! :( .

Last edited:
I can’t wait for the Christmas Coca Cola adverts me... oh, hang on, I don't need to wait...

Row over Labour group's use of famous Coca-Cola ad

Coca-Cola says a video made by Labour-backing group Momentum using the company's footage was done without their permission or endorsement.

The video posted to the campaigners' social media feeds used edited footage from the iconic Coca-Cola "holidays are coming" advert from the 1990s.

It superimposed Labour slogans onto the side of lorries and ended with an image of Jeremy Corbyn as Santa Claus.

1574456943948.jpeg

The Emperor would appear to be an equal opportunities mischief maker when it comes to political parties.

And goes running to the Mods on a regular basis regarding post ratings.
Dishes it out but cant take it.
This last will probably get me thread banned.
Because someone will go running to the Mods yet again.
Indeed. The gutless little grass.

Blogg

LE
Glad to see that a sound sense of how to get things done without fcuking up runs in the Corbyn genes

Spent the last hour - primarily - watching repeats of BBT/Penny ;) .

Kaylie Coaco (?) is just so preferable to ANY politician :) !!

When switching back/over, during the adverts, I did notice the SAME persons (plural !), asking questions of multiple leaders ?!

Raises questions!

Why/how were THEY identified as being articulate . . . the (only?) ones with questions . . . that the producer wanted asking ?! :( .
it was pretty clear a significant number of the questioners were plants.
Boris in particular faced a barrage of very well briefed antagonists.

Is it possible to not have tedious childish argumentative posts on here ? You can have discussion without all the point scoring etc.
It's making a interesting thread pretty unreadable .
Good post. It's the same suspects that have rooted the Brexit - the Final thread. FFS.

tgo

Old-Salt
it was pretty clear a significant number of the questioners were plants.
Boris in particular faced a barrage of very well briefed antagonists.
I was just listening on the radio but the mood very definitely shifted once BJ was up.

Admittedly, this is from the Daily Mail...

BBC faces bias row after Boris Johnson is confronted by hostile audience on Question Time and repeatedly heckled

Robbie Gibb, a former senior BBC executive and ex-Downing Street Director of Communications said: ‘The best TV audiences are designed to give ordinary people the opportunity to challenge and question politicians. However many of these questioners are clearly political activists and trade unionists. Spoils the programme.’

Morning-@ bravo. The reason I highlighted the issue was because you may recall that at the at the Queens Speech in May 2016 for the new session legislation was proposed re secondary legislation not be opposed by the Lords. I've just read through the Hansard of July 8th 2015 budget statement, no mention is made of made of that claim and the riposte by Harriet Harman makes no mention either.

It is therefore entirely possible that the increased in Social housing was part of original spending carried over from the Con Lib administration. It is therefore not unfounded. The result of the Lords spat IIRC was that Labour and the Lib/ dems ganged up against Cameron on the basis of Tax credits which form part of the Budget and are outwith the remit of the Lords specifically under the 1911 Parliament act. Corbyn I seem to recall called for only Primary legislation in future thus limiting the controls of SI's and secondary legislation. Moreover we were in the run up to the referendum in May 2016. The report you cited, stated that the necessary legislation had not been passed into Law, and cannot therefore be part of the VOTE. In other words any existing budgetary specifics must come out of the Existing vote. I found your quote misleading, though qualified.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A big spike in voter registration yesterday; heavily skewed towards younger people:

Is that really surprising when you consider most of the older population are already registered.

My Daughter and Husband have applied for postal votes purely because they will be on holiday when the election takes place.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Is that really surprising when you consider most of the older population are already registered.

My Daughter and Husband have applied for postal votes purely because they will be on holiday when the election takes place.
You'll note my definition of younger is under 35 and you won't need reminding which way they tend to vote in the round. Our 5 voting cards pitched up this morning.

I hadn't realised you had a husband. Most modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads