General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well as long as it wasn't registered to the domain labourmanifesto.co.uk in an attempt to spoof Google searches.

Or use paid for ads to get it to the top of such searches.

Ah, about that... Yeah, awkward.
Politics and dirty tricks are natural bedfellows and no side is ever squeaky clean.
It does appear to have become more toxic (and moronic) in recent years though. Social Media has a lot to do with it, but also, as you say, the human touch and stupidity never lets us down!
Some of the so-called ‘Special Advisors’ should be sued under the Trade Descriptions Act.

Please do and while you're at it it, you might mention this: my daughter and son both called twice for an ambo for me, over an hour and a half period. They were told none were available. Daughter then takes me to casualty where I promptly cardiac arrest on the trolley being wheeled in. God bless the N.W.Ambulance Trust and all those on the board and in senior management because I won't if I ever come across any of them face to face. On the plus side, Whiston and The Liverpool Heart and Chest hospitals are fantastic. M'eh!
whiston!

thank god for the M62

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It would appear that certain people believe that all the recent furore surrounding Prince Andrew was a smokescreen deployed by the 'establishment' in cahoots with the BBC, in order to deflect attention from the round of interviews being given by Jennifer Arcuri earlier this week regarding her relationship with Boris Johnson!
Jose Muhrino's appoimtment at Tottynham must be another smokescreen. Not to mention JC launching a radical manifesto to take Laura K's eyes off BJ....what was the man thinking of? And then Alex Salmon turns up at court.......will there be no end to this comspiratol support for Boris?

Last edited:
You can pay the 4 years difference to make it to the full 35 years.

The question you need to ask yourself is it worth paying the extra.

You can do it online

It's odd because I have just checked mine again - I last checked a couple of years ago - and my record states that I have contributed 35 full years plus there are 3 years in which I have not made full contributions, which I already knew about. However, my pension summary reckons I still need to contribute for another 3 years to reach the maximum pension payment. The forecasted shortfall is currently £13.67 a week (£710.84 p/a).

I'm a bit confuddled as to why, if I've paid the 35 years maximum full contributions, there's this shortfall.

[It is worth me paying the shortfall as I would make that up over 17 months of pension.]

Magic Grandpas mate who had to wait 10 hours fur the failed NHS?

I called an ambulance this morning, outside my house in 6 minutes.

should I tell Corbyn?
My 90-year old Mother fell over at home in S Wales and broke her hip at the end of September.
She had to wait 5h for medical assistance and ambulance.
Another one for Corbyn, perhaps.

Interesting article in the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/21/labour-no-longer-hiding-marxist-agenda-hard-left-know-last-chance/

December 12th is the last throw of the dice for Hard Left Labour. Either they lose heavily and become a rump party in still in the grip of the hard left. Or the moderate wing of the Labour party either break away or regain control of the party.

From what I've seen, the Labour manifesto is not going to make them electable. Looks like they've decided it's as well to be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Wordsmith
A very thoughful and insightful post mate.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jose Muhrino's appoimtment at Tottynham must be another smokescreen.
I bet Lammy's fuming that it's another white man in charge at Spurs!

RigPig

War Hero
My missus had an emergency appointment at the hospital arranged via her GP

After a 5 hour wait at the hospital we were told that the consultant they'd booked an appointment with wasn't in that day

That's in Wales of course where Labour still hold sway, and the local hospital is in special measures because of mismangement
But as one of my friends told me, when I mentioned the NHS in Wales, “the fault of the Tories, as they don’t fund the NHS properly.
RP

Making no comments on his guilt or innocence. But...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/21/alex-salmond-charged-attempting-rape-court-charges/

With 10 women making allegations, I suspect he faces an uphill battle in court.

Wordsmith
Rape/sexual assault always a tricky one to prove if defendant denies. Generally speaking there do not tend to be witnesses to the type of allegations against Wee Eck, so it comes down to one word against another.

Could be one or 200 allegations each one still needs to be proved beyond reasonable doubt & without witnesses or an admission no conviction likely.

Not sure about jockanese legal stuff but don’t they have a third verdict not proven? Which I understand you walk but are probably guilty.

NSP

LE
Labour launching their Wish List, sorry Manifesto. By gum, that voice of Rebecca Motte Bailey really grates!
I've got to take umbrage, there. ArRSe has decided that the useless thick-as-mince bint is to be referred to as Rebecca Wrong Daily when derisory snorting is in order.

Because she seems to be just that.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've got to take umbrage, there. ArRSe has decided that the useless thick-as-mince bint is to be referred to as Rebecca Wrong Daily when derisory snorting is in order.

Because she seems to be just that.
When have I listened to the Arrseratti? Have you ever tried to storm a Motte and Bailey?

no f in beer

Old-Salt
According to the bookies, after todays manifesto announcement, a labour majority is merely a figment of the imagination - 25/1 ish. Tory Majority is 1/2 ish, and No overall majority is 7/4 ish, which is exactly the same as yesterday. So the bookies were underwhelmed.

Kantar, who i fill in polls for, have a Tory lead of 16 points, haha.

I reckon a 10 seat majority is a possibility at the moment for Boris

Politics and dirty tricks are natural bedfellows and no side is ever squeaky clean.
It does appear to have become more toxic (and moronic) in recent years though. Social Media has a lot to do with it, but also, as you say, the human touch and stupidity never lets us down!
Some of the so-called ‘Special Advisors’ should be sued under the Trade Descriptions Act.

Nah. Some of them really are speshul.

Latest Threads