General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jon Ashworth on Good morning Britain earlier, mentioned the NHS under the Tories.
Apparently a 99 year old veteran was left in a hospital lobby on a trolley for ten hours.
Another story made up by Labour?
Anyone noticed how all these unfortunate incidents involve ‘veterans’ all of a sudden??

But to qualify for a basic state pension you currently have to pay NI contributions for 35 years. Raising the threshold without adjusting the qualifying period could mean that some simply do not accrue the requisite years.
Well, the Tories increased the qualifying years from 30 to 35 to get the full pension just a couple of years ago. I should imagine (hopefully) someone up there has thought that out as well.
(Don't hold your breath).

4(T)

LE
I just watched the Brexit Party broadcast in BBC 1 - clearly targeted at Northern Labour/poor voters - but started with officer and soldier in full Service Dress, watching what seemed to be a Remembrance Service. Then some veteran with a rack of medals gave his reasons to vote Brexit Party. Shameful exploitation of the apolitical role of the forces.

Shame on Brexit Party; Shame on Farage

Dunno, arguably the Brexit Party's purpose and Remembrance are closely tied - in a way that the other parties are most emphatically not.

Remembrance reminds of centuries of fighting to prevent hegemony by foreign tyrannies, to defend and promulgate democracy, and to preserve the British way of life.

All three principles now cast away by those determined to dissolve the country into the EU.

IMHO its less outrageous to see TBP demonstrate its alignment with core British heritage than it is to see the other main parties' token participation in national pageantry that they mostly seek to discard.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Dunno, arguably the Brexit Party's purpose and Remembrance are closely tied - in a way that the other parties are most emphatically not.

Remembrance reminds of centuries of fighting to prevent hegemony by foreign tyrannies, to defend and promulgate democracy, and to preserve the British way of life.

All three principles now cast away by those determined to dissolve the country into the EU.

IMHO its less outrageous to see TBP demonstrate its alignment with core British heritage than it is to see the other main parties' token participation in national pageantry that they mostly seek to discard.
Please refrain from wrapping my couple of decades service round your Brexit fantasy. There's a good chap.

The Labour manifesto will be launched tomorrow in Brum.
Guido points out this coincides with the 45th anniversary of the Birmingham pub bombings which, as far as I am aware, have not been forgotten by the populus of that fair city.
I wonder if any past statements of Corbyn and his fellow travellers might come back to haunt them on their 'big' day.

The day that your party launches it's manifesto - a manifesto with more holes than a docker's string vest - it's probably not wise to get too arsey with this land shark:

Truxx

LE
Well, the Tories increased the qualifying years from 30 to 35 to get the full pension just a couple of years ago. I should imagine (hopefully) someone up there has thought that out as well.
It is certainly one to watch

Oyibo

LE
The Labour manifesto will be launched tomorrow in Brum.
Guido points out this coincides with the 45th anniversary of the Birmingham pub bombings which, as far as I am aware, have not been forgotten by the populus of that fair city.
I wonder if any past statements of Corbyn and his fellow travellers might come back to haunt them on their 'big' day.
An understandably sensitive issue with over 300 killed or injured that could backfire on the Conservatives if they try to milk it for political ends. I thinks the best approach would be a solemn and informative remembrance for those murdered and injured and their families.

But no let-up after the day in showing Corbyn's repeated association with terrorists from PIRA and others.

I haven't paid NI for a while. By the time I made my last contribution, I had qualified as fully paid up with 31 years' worth of deductions. In the meantime, the rules have been changed and now I am four years short. Wtf?

Luckily my state pension will just be beer money, but that is a major swizz.

I haven't paid NI for a while. By the time I made my last contribution, I had qualified as fully paid up with 31 years' worth of deductions. In the meantime, the rules have been changed and now I am four years short. Wtf?

Luckily my state pension will just be beer money, but that is a major swizz.
Ditto.
It is so easy to look it up and find they years we have missed, in my case 4 years and when I was working for a pittance, but then when you add it up, the difference is pennies, compared to what we actually get in return and then if I am going to live long enough to actually receive it.

Ditto.
It is so easy to look it up and find they years we have missed, in my case 4 years and when I was working for a pittance, but then when you add it up, the difference is pennies, compared to what we actually get in return and then if I am going to live long enough to actually receive it.
I know there isn't really much difference, but they are still diddling me. Even if it is only £20 per week, it is still a diddle.

Please refrain from wrapping my couple of decades service round your Brexit fantasy. There's a good chap.
Please don't denigrate my service by aligning yourself with and promulgating a hostile foreign league of nations that have actively damaged the UK over several decades and seek to continue asset strip this nation for its benefit and to our detriment.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Please don't denigrate my service by aligning yourself with and promulgating a hostile foreign league of nations that have actively damaged the UK over several decades and seek to continue asset strip this nation for its benefit and to our detriment.
I wouldn't dream of joining you in your fantasy, either.

Best wishes.

I'd agree, and it is a format that doesn't suit Johnson as well as Corbyn. The Great Helmsman likes a format where he can sound off without interruption or being forced to defend his position under second order questioning. He also needs time to think between soundbites. Last night's debate gave him both.

When forced to mix it, he quickly becomes distracted and tetchy. Boris, by contrast, is uncomfortable delivering long set pieces and prefers a more knockabout style, where he can push out a few quick soundbites and engage in verbal fisticuffs with his opponents. Inevitably, Boris is also finding his style cramped by not being able to say things the way he'd like to say them (heavy lies the head that wears...etc)....
I noticed that too. He does tend to go around the houses a bit as he tries to make his point but was being cut off by the presenter. He is definitely not as natural an orator as JRM or Farage. He didn't help himself anyl by constantly coming back to Brexit. I don't know whether it was his decision to do that or if he was advised to but I don't think it was the best idea. People understand that issue but want to know how the Tories or Labour would run the country and the services they depend on.

He could have done far better by attacking Corbyn's Marxist ideology and the Great Helmsman's aim to return us to the 1970s.

I noticed that too. He does tend to go around the houses a bit as he tries to make his point but was being cut off by the presenter. He is definitely not as natural an orator as JRM or Farage. He didn't help himself anyl by constantly coming back to Brexit. I don't know whether it was his decision to do that or if he was advised to but I don't think it was the best idea. People understand that issue but want to know how the Tories or Labour would run the country and the services they depend on.

He could have done far better by attacking Corbyn's Marxist ideology and the Great Helmsman's aim to return us to the 1970s.
Funny you should mention JRM. 0A and I were commenting on his quietness of late, and came to the conclusion that he is being kept on a tight leash after the manufactured outrage following his comment about Grenfell.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention JRM. 0A and I were commenting on his quietness of late, and came to the conclusion that he is being kept on a tight leash after the manufactured outrage following his comment about Grenfell.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think it's because he is seen as posh and the Conservatives are looking to corner a swathe of hoi polloi votes.

Latest Threads