General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently Johnson has sent a letter to Corbyn asking for clarity concerning the Labour Party's position on Brexit ... courtesy of SKY ...

... The timing of the letter is interesting ... just hours before the first " head to head " debate ... I wonder if he will get a meaningful reply ?
It'll get the standard Corbyn reply: I've fought against all forms of racism my entire life.

'Absolute poverty' is what I've seen in places such as rural India, Mexico and places like that. Untreated sewage, shanty towns, barefoot kids and so on. I suspect the great majority of people defined as being 'in poverty' in this country are better off than that.

Wordsmith

Page Hall Sheffield

Another bites the dust, excuse if already posted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some of the comments are hilarious:

"What will we do without Femi Oluwole?" Said nobody. Ever.

"It’s like the Beatles breaking up."

Another bites the dust, excuse if already posted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"…
It's like War of the Worlds when the Martians all died - suddenly a hush descends, on every internet forum all the maniacal Remain fanatics have vanished. As suspected they genuinely WERE all paid fake accounts, orchestrated by people's vote and associated puppet campaigns.
See, there really are conspiracies.…"

Apparently Johnson has sent a letter to Corbyn asking for clarity concerning the Labour Party's position on Brexit ... courtesy of SKY ...

... The timing of the letter is interesting ... just hours before the first " head to head " debate ... I wonder if he will get a meaningful reply ?
Yeah but no but yeah but...........

"Poor", or "living in poverty", is officially defined as % of the average wage.

As the average wage (inevitably) increases, so does the threshold of "poverty".

It all needs a fundamental re-think :( .
Hey as long as they have their Jordan’s and a cell phone life is good.

Why would an existing home owner want to spend up to £600k on a new build in London, when it is not worth 1/2 that price ?

Only 1 chump in this convo, and that is the chump that is the current front runner in SPOTY 2019.

Never mind chump, yer maw still loves you. Which is just as well as she cannot get shot of you.
There are two mongs in this discussion, and you're both of them.

Keep digging, chump. You're doing ever so well.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Lest we forget the main theme of this GE....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/11/18/next-crash-will-hit-europe-much-harder-financial-crisis-warns/
Europe will be struck by an even larger wave of debt defaults in the next downturn compared to the financial crisis after a surge in junk-rated companies, Moody’s has predicted. A decade of ultra-low interest rates and investors being forced to hunt for stronger returns has led to skyrocketing debt levels, particularly for companies.
Which suggests a lot of start-up companies are going to go bust when the next recession finally arrives. UK banks are more robust then European ones, which suggests we would be well to be out of the EU when the crisis hits.

With any luck, BoJo's first item of business after becoming PM again will be getting the withdrawal bill through parliament.

Wordsmith

I wonder if Johnson will give a single cogent, definitive answer tonight.
I strongly suspect Magic Grandpa will wipe the floor with him.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Surely at 60.
You may well be right; not that I will be relying on my £2.35 a month micro-pension* to keep the wolf from the door, hence my lack of interest in when it kicks in...

*Guesswork; I can't remember how much the pension is, only that it was such a paltry amount I couldn't see why they bothered. Certainly not for my sake.

You may well be right; not that I will be relying on my £2.35 a month micro-pension* to keep the wolf from the door, hence my lack of interest in when it kicks in...

*Guesswork; I can't remember how much the pension is, only that it was such a paltry amount I couldn't see why they bothered. Certainly not for my sake.
You can get an accurate forecast, my financial advisor did about 12 years ago.
It is very easy to claim, you get 3.5 years tax free as a lump sum and any money in your pocket and not the gvmts which you have earned is a bonus. At the least a reasonable bottle of single malt for Christmas.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just watched a clip of Jo Swinson complaining about fake news, which is fair enough; what I am wondering now is why a lass born and brought up in Glasgow now speaks with a Zummerzet/Cornish accent?

I wonder if Johnson will give a single cogent, definitive answer tonight.
I strongly suspect Magic Grandpa will wipe the floor with him.
Do you really believe either will give cogent , definitive answers ... all politicians are economical with the actuality ... I would not , having read your Posts , put you in the young and naive group ... both will skate with practised skill around the questions ... I will not be surprised if after the broadcast we end up none the wiser ... unless one of them makes a catastrophic blunder .

Latest Threads