General Election 2019

GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

syrup

LE
I think you are right about everything, but boris and his 10 years... Apart from brexit, many tory voters despise the party for the progressive liberal shills they really are under the hood. Beyond brexit the party will not change or address any of the underlying problems and more than likely deepen them.

Still, I'm voting for them, because the alternative is comically weak.

I Think the other parties referring to BOJO as Thatcherite only reinforces his stance amongst Tory voters
The hatred of Thatcher amongst the so called working class isn't as deep as they like to think

CaptainCowpat

Old-Salt
Reuters going a bit radio rental

How long will it be before Corbyn gets hoofed ?
It's a problem for the country further down the line. A healthy country needs a competent opposition to hold the government of the day to account.
The way momentum has infiltrated and replaced all the powerful positions in the labor party and has been replacing candidates across the country with it's own yes-men, the party is essentially finished as a credible opposition.
Where is the middle ground going to be? The liberal democrats are in just as bad a position; they're associated with betrayal by young people, and incompetence by the older. Their recent actions show them to be as trustworthy as a snake
When Corbyn is removed the scary thing is the truly extreme people that surround him and are in positions of power.

Where is the opposition, one that sits in the middle ground but leans to the left in terms of protecting workers rights, the NHS and the disabled etc, but also offers right leaning policies like a strong military, free markets and individual freedoms? That's where a credible party can win an election against anyone.

Maybe the Tories will tack back towards this after brexit but at the moment the best way to deal with an opposition that has literal Stalinists behind the scenes running things and in the shadow cabinet is to move to the right just to show how different they are to them.

None of what's happening is healthy for the country in the long run

The trouble is none knows how to move forward. I can only hope that when brexit is done and dusted a political reshaping happens.

It won't though

Also posted elsewhere . . .

SO the polling came out last night putting the Conservatives at 45%. If I'm honest, I'm rather sceptical. I'm currently in a previously safe but heavily remain constituency and we (my tory association) really feel we could lose this seat. Our vote is definitely down compared to 2017. Given the fact we're down in places like this, polling at 45% would imply we're absolutely killing it in marginals and targets....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
SO the polling came out last night putting the Conservatives at 45%. If I'm honest, I'm rather sceptical. I'm currently in a previously safe but heavily remain constituency and we (my tory association) really feel we could lose this seat. Our vote is definitely down compared to 2017. Given the fact we're down in places like this, polling at 45% would imply we're absolutely killing it in marginals and targets....
It's hardly surprising that a Remain constituency would not like a leave programme, but that is what the Tory candidate should be attacking and addressing in such a way that voters realise the choice is Brexit or Corbyn/Swinson/Sturgeon.

Always interesting reading the Guardian, rather like reading the staff papers of an overseas enemy..

From the fears of a so called far right in europe (populists), to the UK and the disconnect between the modern liberal obsession with community and local democracy and a grudging recognition that the corbyn labour party is far more communist and way less progressive as momentum would have people understand.

I was talking to several friends of other parties and the general view is labours vote is holding up for now, down a little. But a recognition, that peoples wishes to change this crappy country, ran for the elites, come up against the feelings of fear and a decided dislike for communism and all power to the soviet/momentum..

I still think the smart money remains on a significant late swing to the conservatives and a vote for strong and stable (to steal a crappy line).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Joe_Private

On ROPS
On ROPs

I was talking to several friends of other parties and the general view is labours vote is holding up for now, down a little. But a recognition, that peoples wishes to change this crappy country, ran for the elites, come up against the feelings of fear and a decided dislike for communism and all power to the soviet/momentum..
Perhaps it's because they are 'of other parties' or in other words, partisan, that their view conflicts with the opinions I hear expressed, by traditional working class Labour voters (note: voters, not party members, not activists, just normal people who tend to vote Labour) who dislike Corbyn so much that they will not vote Labour. Whether they just revert to type when in the poll booth, vote in line with their EU stance, or simply don't bother, remains to be seen.

Perhaps it's because they are 'of other parties' or in other words, partisan, that their view conflicts with the opinions I hear expressed, by traditional working class Labour voters (note: voters, not party members, not activists, just normal people who tend to vote Labour) who dislike Corbyn so much that they will not vote Labour. Whether they just revert to type when in the poll booth, vote in line with their EU stance, or simply don't bother, remains to be seen.
The labour core vote hails broadly from three groups:-
1. Public Sector Workers, not all, but a significant %.
2. The 50+ Old Working Class vote. Labour has shed quite a bit of that vote.
3. The ethnic vote.

I did say labours vote is down a little, but I suspect a larger swing come the day, either from actively voting or abstaining and not bothering. The biggest threat to labour is its vote staying home.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Who is the bellend doing these crap little podcasts ?

As an exercise in doing his best to irritate people he's succeeding beyond his wildest dreams. He sounds like an amalgamation of every pub bore in the south east, and damn near persuaded me that remain is a price worth paying just to shut him the hell up.

Please stop putting up links of this dung trumpet's output.

Latest Threads