GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're only allowed to perm two from:

a. White.

b. Male.

c. Heterosexual.

Say goodbye to one of them.
I suppose if I move abroad to somewhere sunny and acquire a suntan? Otherwise, I’m not saying goodbye to any of them.

I suppose if I move abroad to somewhere sunny and acquire a suntan? Otherwise, I’m not saying goodbye to any of them.
Apparently it's not your skin colour that makes you white.

I've gone for 2 and 3. Except that as a non-participatory non-binary, my preferred pronoun is all of them.

Last edited:
Apparently it's not your skin colour that makes you white.

I've gone for 3. Except that as a non-participatory non-binary, my preferred pronoun is all of them.
I was also thinking of going for 3, but for different reasons, given at my age it doesn’t really matter anymore!

Can Citizen Higgs-Bosun please lead us in a heartfelt prayer for the good people* of Bishop Auckland, Co Durham.

Not because of fire, flood, collision or a sudden hail of fish.

The BBC has threatened to descend on the town for 24 h

I was quite interested to watch the BBC's efforts in Bishop Auckland. It appeared as though the Corporation Thought Police had issued an edict as to how to pronounce the name; they all seemed to say "Bishopp (slight but deliberate pause) Auckland.

They clearly hadn't heard of "Bisherporkland", nor, as spoken by those locals involved in the programme, simply "Bishop".

(Edited to delete unintended repetition)

* Oh go on then - < sigh> and the Pastafarians, Jedi and other doubting Thomasinas of whatever belief and none. Levellers! To Horse!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
When the Beeb local reporter (Look North I think ) intoned that Bishop Auckland had been 'a Labour constituency since 1936,' I was strenuously reminded of the old Welsh boy, interviewed by some ingénue from the local TV station re the imminent by election in Merthyr if I recall:

[on full Max Boyce Mode]' People round yer would vote for a chimpanzee if they gave it a red rosette! '[/MBM]
Back in 1987 I was a member of Bishop Auckland Young Conservatives and the party had put forward as our candidate a man who ran his own advertising company. He was a nice bloke to talk to - started off on the dole and ended up a multi millionaire. He decided to take the battle to Labour and ran rings around them.

He lost, of course, but he got more votes than the Labour MP had got in the 1983 General Election. Also the Labour majority was a lot less than the number of people who had voted for the Liberal SDP Alliance, so the anti Labour vote was higher than the Labour vote.

However the count was held in the People's Republic of Sedgefield and the was reportedly a fair deal of electoral fraud at the count. As Stalin is reputed to have said, it's not who you vote for that counts, but who counts the votes.

Back in 1987 I was a member of Bishop Auckland Young Conservatives and the party had put forward as our candidate a man who ran his own advertising company. He was a nice bloke to talk to - started off on the dole and ended up a multi millionaire. He decided to take the battle to Labour and ran rings around them.

He lost, of course, but he got more votes than the Labour MP had got in the 1983 General Election. Also the Labour majority was a lot less than the number of people who had voted for the Liberal SDP Alliance, so the anti Labour vote was higher than the Labour vote.

However the count was held in the People's Republic of Sedgefield and the was reportedly a fair deal of electoral fraud at the count. As Stalin is reputed to have said, it's not who you vote for that counts, but who counts the votes.
Here in the leafy Cotswolds I have been a candidates scrutineer at numerous Elections, twice for DC as a member of his electoral team. Our task was to oversee the Local Authority staff (the other parties also had the same number of people doing the same thing) who were doing the collating, this effectively meant loitering over them watching their every move. The system is vaguely primitive but scrupulously fair so it's moved on since 1987.

Baldrick cements his place as head of cunning electioneering for Labour. First piss off all the Hindus and Sikhs by mouthing off about Kashmir being occupied by evil Indians and promising to intervene. Once they're all definitely voting Tory piss off all the Muslims by washing your hands of it. Brilliant.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Having watched and participated in every friggin' election since 1975, the ineptitude of British political parties has long since ceased to amaze.......

Headline: ' Labour/Conservative/LibDem/Green Party/SNP bungle - polls show parties neck and neck'

and in other news

' Sun to rise tomorrow, Yaaaay! Lucy Pinder says ' I won't need my Damart vest then ! Pic P.3 Phwoaar '

"Mx Kirkwood has been involved in campaigning for fair funding for schools, and in particular for a fair deal for students with special educational needs.

Mx Kirkwood grew up as a forces child, living on military bases all across the country until the age of eight, when the family returned to permanently settle in North Yorkshire. Before teaching, Mx Kirkwood worked on local farms, in hotels, and in pubs to pay their way through university.

A Quaker, keen gardener, and a trainee beekeeper, Mx Kirkwood is the first non-binary person to stand as a parliamentary candidate.

People who are non-binary do not identify with being either male or female, and many use the gender-neutral honorific of Mx as an alternative to Mr, Mrs, Ms or Miss".
isnt the correct grammar he, she, it?

Latest Threads