GE Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Labour now saying they will agree to a GE and later today we should know the actual date. Mind you Boris might not offer one now if the feck-ups of the past three years are to continue! :)

I have kept this in the Brexit folder as it will have more to do with Brexit than anything much further beyond that. Many MPs now with twitchy bums and many expecting to be unemployed by Christmas.

Quick poll on where people see this going, only open for 7 days

Labour now saying they will agree to a GE and later today we should know the actual date. Mind you Boris might not offer one now if the feck-ups of the past three years are to continue! :)

I have kept this in the Brexit folder as it will have more to do with Brexit than anything much further beyond that. Many MPs now with twitchy bums and many expecting to be unemployed by Christmas.

Beat me to it! :smile:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Labour MP Peter Kyle on Daily Politics saying he is voting against a GE as he feels we only had one 2 years ago and it is up to parliament to sort itself out not the electorate! What a feck up!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We need a 'Who gives a toss' option.
Why? Just f*ck off and bury your head in the sand if that's how you feel! Don't participate if you are that certain you are not bothered.

Blogg

LE
Labour talking (well shouting) head on radio just now claiming that will not be "proper" election.

Why, pray tell?

"Because it won't be about Politics but all about Brexit."

Thank you, Einstein.

Has anyone got any spare stamps? As I have 2000 postal votes that need sending.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I
I think that one is called "scroll on by and don't post".
Whilst I can understand how you come to that conclusion, it doesn't quite convey the general attitude of the electorate.

Put my response into more palatable words- I have no faith in any party.

War Hero

He should now go back to the FTPA and 2/3rds to stuff labour’s likely amendments for 12yo+ and EU nationals to get the vote.

A one line 50% + 1 bill will have even Corbyn's rather rapid Revers-O-Cycle™ event dragging on forever too.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Why? Just f*ck off and bury your head in the sand if that's how you feel! Don't participate if you are that certain you are not bothered.
Read post 9.

But I see you like your politics, and as such, act like one of them ( biased)
You read my response and drew a conclusion that suits your view of the world. It's understandable but it's wrong.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He should now go back to the FTPA and 2/3rds to stuff labour’s likely amendments for 12yo+ and EU nationals to get the vote.

A one line 50% + 1 bill will have even Corbyn's rather rapid Revers-O-Cycle™ event dragging on forever too.
There is every chance that Boris will pull the Bill if the Amdts get out of hand.

Electoral register is closed so da youf won't be gettin' no votin' this year innit.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Read post 9.

But I see you like your politics, and as such, act like one of them ( biased)
You read my response and drew a conclusion that suits your view of the world. It's understandable but it's wrong.
Then stand yourself!

Don't come on here whining just because you don't like the system.

Don't give a toss? Then don't complain if it doesn't go your way.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Regardless of when the GE is the BRexit elephant in the room will stil let E there the following day with precisely the same problems. A GE will resolve nothing regarding BRexit but in the finest traditions of Westminster just kick it down the road for another 6 weeks. The GE will result in a hung parliament exactly what we have now. Remainers will go to the Libdems and Leavers the BRexit party. Corbyn like Foot and Kinnock before him is totally unelectable as a PM. The current PM has lied 3 times in 2 weeks and blamed everyone else for his failure to deliver. How can he possibly make any promises in a GE campaign and be believed.

The SNP will sweep the board in Scotland and ensure that any attempt to form any minority government will fall. There will be no clear out and at least 400 of the current 650 MPs that have acheived zero regarding Brexit over the past 3 1/2 years will be returned to do absolutely nothing again.

This GE is just the usual from Westminster, the illusion of being seen to be doing something but actually doing nothing.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Regardless of when the GE is the BRexit elephant in the room will stil let E there the following day with precisely the same problems. A GE will resolve nothing regarding BRexit but in the finest traditions of Westminster just kick it down the road for another 6 weeks. The GE will result in a hung parliament exactly what we have now. Remainers will go to the Libdems and Leavers the BRexit party. Corbyn like Foot and Kinnock before him is totally unelectable as a PM. The current PM has lied 3 times in 2 weeks and blamed everyone else for his failure to deliver. How can he possibly make any promises in a GE campaign and be believed.

The SNP will sweep the board in Scotland and ensure that any attempt to form any minority government will fall. There will be no clear out and at least 400 of the current 650 MPs that have acheived zero regarding Brexit over the past 3 1/2 years will be returned to do absolutely nothing again.

This GE is just the usual from Westminster, the illusion of being seen to be doing something but actually doing nothing.
Your scenario will only come about if there is a hung parliament. A parliament with a strong government able to get legislation through will sort Brexit - either way!

Labour MP Peter Kyle on Daily Politics saying he is voting against a GE as he feels we only had one 2 years ago and it is up to parliament to sort itself out not the electorate! What a feck up!
He's been speaking to Brenda from Bristol again

War Hero
Electoral register is closed so da youf won't be gettin' no votin' this year innit.
It won’t stop the Loser’s-In-Waiting from doing their level best to stuff this bill in anyway they can even if it only because they can. Another 'Benn Act' to force the government to delay until the ineligible have been made eligible? For Corbyn to back-pedal In this way, his string pullers have something in their minds.

One suspects though that Corbyn has effectively tendered his resignation today. Win or lose, the PLP (nor thewider party) will have no further use for him after a GE.

Latest Threads