General Election 2019 - Conservative with Majority

The irony is that given the unexpected number of seats gained Boris is facing a dilemma-many of the new Tory MPs would see their seats dissappear including Workington.
I feel sure senor advisers to Boris Johnson on this subject will give sage advice ,,,, including the possibility of losing some seats to demonstrate the fairness of the new boundaries .

I feel sure senor advisers to Boris Johnson on this subject will give sage advice ,,,, including the possibility of losing some seats to demonstrate the fairness of the new boundaries .
Issue is though, how does he sweeten those who will see their seats dissappear. The most ironic thing is that the Tory electoral strategy has focused on 'Workington man'-Workington constituency which the tories won, will dissappear.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
The irony is that given the unexpected number of seats gained Boris is facing a dilemma-many of the new Tory MPs would see their seats dissappear including Workington.
After the 1997 election, the newly minted Labour MPs were given financial and career advice , in the the expectation that a fair number of them would not retain their seats in a subsequent election. I think that something along those lines is now standard for all new MPs.

Issue is though, how does he sweeten those who will see their seats dissappear. The most ironic thing is that the Tory electoral strategy has focused on 'Workington man'-Workington constituency which the tories won, will dissappear.
If a solution cannot be found the sage advice will be .... " KIck into the long grass " ... again .

Wearing an RLC TRF though; my guess is that he is the Master Chef.
Good spotting ! . . .

RLC Stable-belt ?! (I wouldn't recognise it. I never bought one ;) ).

NSP

LE
Yeah - couldn't find it. Mind you, there's so much shit to wade through on there it could easily be overlooked.

I did notice this thoughtful treatise, however:-

View attachment 437999
Not only has that sweary rant gone but the whole post it was commenting on. There's a complaint about "relentless trolling" from a day or so ago. I suspect that that page received a lot of abuse as it's been thinned out quite a bit.

Wally just commented on the complaint about "poor" trolling to say that he thought his effort was effing inspired - although he would say that. The red pest running the page pinged back ten seconds later to say "Not really." And then deleted the comment, and the reply. The only responses showing are ones agreeing. Quelle surprise for the left? - the only opinions allowed are ones they agree with, as long as they are their own.

NSP

LE
FFS!!! They can't take a hint, can they...? Concerns...? Yeah - postal vote and student double-vote fraud by Labour supporters is the only concern when it comes to how we achieve an election result these days!

23-12-2019 00-24-57.jpg

ACAB

LE
Nope. Will never happen. Boris is fine with an 80 seat majority. Why on earth would he want to rattle that particular cage now??

NSP

LE
Nope. Will never happen. Boris is fine with an 80 seat majority. Why on earth would he want to rattle that particular cage now??
To get a 100 seat majority? Or more...

NSP

LE
FFS!!! They can't take a hint, can they...? Concerns...? Yeah - postal vote and student double-vote fraud by Labour supporters is the only concern when it comes to how we achieve an election result these days!

View attachment 438956
Get over there and wade in, fellas...

23-12-2019 01-10-52.jpg

This inability to accept defeat is a direct consequence of not having losers on school sports days.

Brian Arrigoni reeks of the sort of chap who'd be argued about at the end of the picking of teams. You have him, no you have him.

You may well believe that however I always thought the word " never " was one of those that Politicians use sparingly .

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Current Affairs, News and Analysis 682
Bravo_Bravo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 81
Auld-Yin Brexit 11870

Latest Threads