General Election 2017 - The Consequences

Last edited:
I have no problem with that, in fact I'd be quite disappointed if he didn't. After all, if it's good enough for a man of principle like Jeremy Corbyn ..................
It's up to him if that's what he wants to do, obviously. I'm just not sure why he claims that his religion doesn't affect his decisions when it so clearly does.

Either way hopefully he's not the next Tory leader because I reckon he's even more toxic with most voters than May.

Dominic Raab is likable and could be an election winner.
I want Priti Patel, how labour would hate it if the Tory leader was both a woman and an ethnic!!! Plus she is very do-able.

There’s nothing wrong with changing your mind if you’ve made a decision based on wrong or erroneous information. It’s the mark of a grown up country.
I quite agree. But on balance I don't think the decision was wrong. It doesn't make it wrong just because vested interest say it is. We don't benefit from their vested interest. Moreover the EU did tell Ireland to have another referendum when it got the wrong result. So it does tell us how to vote, Juncker has even hinted that he would support another vote.

Dominic Raab is likable and could be an election winner.
I want Priti Patel, how labour would hate it if the Tory leader was both a woman and an ethnic!!! Plus she is very do-able.
Her exit from the cabinet carried the whiff of disgrace, so I'm not convinced that she could credibly lead a GE campaign.

I would also though

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The original question may have been exactly that, but your post wasn't, it was on Brexit hence my post. Remoaners may well place their hopes on a re-run of the referendum, but it ain't going to happen otherwise we'd end up with a totally ungovernable country with an electorate that refuses to trust politicians.

Besides, it's not the British way, stiff upper lip and carry on don't you know.
Any other country we’d be taking the piss and laughing our ballocks off at them. Carry on Cpl Davis.

It's up to him if that's what he wants to do, obviously. I'm just not sure why he claims that his religion doesn't affect his decisions when it so clearly does.

Either way hopefully he's not the next Tory leader because I reckon he's even more toxic with most voters than May.
I wouldn't describe him as toxic, more than a bit of a throwback maybe. I wouldn't worry though, I doubt he has a snowballs chance in Hell of being PM.

Any other country we’d be taking the piss and laughing our ballocks off at them. Carry on Cpl Davis.
......... or having a revolution. The point is the Brits do point the way as what democracy is, others merely manipulate and then wonder why their electorates take umbrage. It's a painful process but it works.

......... or having a revolution. The point is the Brits do point the way as what democracy is, others merely manipulate and then wonder why their electorates take umbrage. It's a painful process but it works.

Yes, I reckon 2018 is going to be essentially painful.

Even the Tories are putting the boot into the Tories and the DUP are getting very well paid to play nice
NO Tories are putting the boot into the "Conservative and Unonist party". You may have noted that Labour have done far more to divide us and belittle us and they apparently detest the class structure. May is not as far as I can detect- a Tory

Latest Threads