General Election 2005 "worth losing"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by smallbrownprivates, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. telegraph clicky linky thingy

An interesting alternative future working on the premise that the Torys had won the 2005 General Election.

Given that governments normally lose elections rather than oppositions win them, it begs the question: have the british public had enough of Labour to opt for the Torys, or are there still ghosts of Maggie Thatcher floating around collective memories?
  2. If Brown were to get himself re-elected then Britain is dead and buried.
    The country will not survive another 5 years of the uncontrolled spending and mis-management we have suffered in recent years. We ran out of money ages ago but the spending hasn't stopped.

All that said, my mother in law is convinced that all the ill's are the fault of Tony Blair and Mr Brown is the good guy. Bitter memories of the Thatcher years mean she intends to vote Labour.
    I suspect lack of grasp of the real world on the part of the mainstream party's will mean fringe party's like the BNP will benefit the most.
  3. And the LibDems don't forget - only 2% behind Labour.

Why do you think Sven has been so quiet for the week - he is away preparing himself for government.
  4. 'Why do you think Sven has been so quiet for the week - he is away preparing himself for government. ' LOL - heard that one from the LibDems before, they do love a laugh, don't they?
  5. Brown RE-elected??,the one eyed arrsewipe cylcops was shoed-in by bliar under some carve-up.

The sooner liarbore are out of power the better.
  6. With comrade Ashie,per chance?.

OR,has Sven been working???,then again not likely.
  7. Rank and file Labour party MP's are in a tough spot re Brown. Normally calls for his resignation would be echoing from the wings by now. However, those MP's know that Parliament and (most likely) Buck house as well as the electorate won't put up with another change of leader without a general election. Those same MP's can read the poll data and know that a general election is a no-no, hence Brown is in a more solid position among his party than you might think. Short of a vote of confidence where a lot of Labour party Turkeys vote for Xmas, then he is here for the duration.
  8. Perhaps your mother in law has selective memory. Maggie Thatcher was needed to sort the mess created by the last Labour Government who ransacked and ruined the country, in full partnership with the unions. When New Labour took power in 2007 they were reaping the benefits (and taking credit) of Thatchers legacy to this country.

We need some one who isn't afraid to take chances, and couldn't give a flying fcuk what public opinion is, to get us out of this mess. Unfortunately I don't think Cameron is the man to do it. I wonder if they could clone Maggie? She was a man and a half! :p