• I won't vote

Votes: 57 6.4%
  • SNP

Votes: 17 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting.

I wonder what the implications for Defence will be...

I suspect the manifesto will ditch 0.5% aid commitment to a wider security commitment. It will play heavily on security as a theme because that is Corbyns biggest Achilles heel. They'll do a 1983 all over again and destroy Labour for a generation.

The only questions are how big will the majority be, and how bad will it be for the SNP in Scotland?

Defence won't get a look in, we'll maintain our 2% commitment to NATO, but that's it.

She isn't daft. Corbyn is the Anti-Midas at the moment and as jim30 says this will put them down for good (in theory!) however we know that it isn't always black and white.

Defence won't get a look in, we'll maintain our 2% commitment to NATO, but that's it.
I think the manifesto will be big on kit and Trident but short on money.

Addresses the 'She doesn't have a mandate' whiners. (The same ones who were less bothered about Brown having that same mandate...)

It'll give her a full term and a full run at Brexit.

Well, I'd say most people would make the same predictions for the result in England: strong gains for the Tories, minor gains for the Lib Dems (prompting the usual euphoric victory cries) and major losses for Labour. I'd be shocked if it were anything else. Reports of a total wipeout for Labour will be overrated but I'd expect to see a drop in their vote share even in held seats, excluding major metropolitan areas.

Scotland will be interesting.

Addresses the 'She doesn't have a mandate' whiners. (The same ones who were less bothered about Brown having that same mandate...)

It'll give her a full term and a full run at Brexit.
Was reading that she wants to Brexit, retire in glory and go walking. Good plan but her potential replacements don't fill me with confidence.

I suspect the manifesto will ditch 0.5% aid commitment to a wider security commitment. It will play heavily on security as a theme because that is Corbyns biggest Achilles heel. They'll do a 1983 all over again and destroy Labour for a generation.

The only questions are how big will the majority be, and how bad will it be for the SNP in Scotland?
Yes - the SNP results are going to be one of the most interesting aspects of June 8th.

Hmmm wonder if she will pick up the challenge of face to face debates?
I think she could wipe the floor face to face with Corbyn, Farron and if need be Sturgeon.

Am looking forward to this GE. Can May lead the Tories to a whitewash of Labour?
My opinion of her has gone up. She has the chance now to be another Maggie.
Oh yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.