Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

General Belgrano

Yes - we live in a hard water area so i suspect thats the problem - but its under warranty so it should be sorted.
If not i'll go for one of these JURA IMPRESSA J9
If the Belgrano had been in a hard water area would it have still sunk ? ....just asking like ....

Not funny - More than 300 died and most were conscripts

Does it make it worse if they're conscripted as opposd to volunteers ? Shit happens, such is life.........................................................actually death !

I found it amusing, but I chuckled when the mem sahib shut the door on the cat earlier.......!

I'm disappointed because I really was in the mood to be offended.

You're a fat bastard, your socks have yet to be discovered life forms in them, You have to use a piece of cheese to teese yer nob out before you can have a **** over your favorite TOTP presenter and your nasal hair makes epping forest look like a desert.

there are you happy now or would you like the 75P insult?

If there were ever a "Fair War", it would last forever with no progress. Wars are fought to be won.

For the defense of the ARA General Belgrano, I submit the memory of the brave souls lost aboard the HMS Coventry and Sheffield. Coventry's crew said played it well. While abandoning ship, they sang one of Monty Pythons memorable songs:

Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life [HD] - YouTube

Won? Afghanland?

As to the song, I did not know that, and I'm contemporary with the war, but we didn't study the naval side in School of Inf the year after the war. Shame I find that they sang that uplifting and typically Brit military. Thanks for that.

I'm struggling with thius idea of "Fair War" ..........

All I can picture is some carnies going at it in dodgems with dodgy air rifles ....... lobbing goldfish in a bag grenades :)

I think 3 years in the 'stan might have affected my mind slightly though .........

Here's a bit oftrivia.

ARA GENERAL BELGRANO began life as the USS PHOENIX. After surviving the Jap attack on Pearl Harbor and the rest of WWII, she was sold off to the Argies.

The best thing that can be said about the RN sinking her is she didn't wind up in a breaker's yard to become razor blades and Jap car bumpers; she was put down by an entirely worth opponent.

200097_10151313279014802_1572154259_n.jpg

Taking solace in the local pub. The Czechs do not understand why this is funny... which is making me laugh even more... sad that I am.