Gene Pitney dead in Cardiff

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sarge, Apr 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard on the radio that Gene Pitney was found dead in his hotel room in Cardiff this morning while on his UK tour.

R.I.P old fella.

You will be soreley missed.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  2. Has something gotten hold of his heart? Like a big blood clot?
  3. Poor geezer - leads a great life only to die in bloody Cardiff of all places!!!! :?
  4. Drove past Cardiff twice yesterday. I'm still alive. Must have been something he ate.
  5. Chocked on a gallon of Marc Almonds manfat !
  6. Cue Marc Almond at No 1 in the very near future!!
  7. Well being dead is probably a good thing to do in Cardiff, I certainly wouldn't want to live there.
  8. Could have been worse. He could have been found dead in Llanelli.
  9. He was only twenty four miles from tennnnnnnnnnnnbeeeeeeee!
  10. Bickies, you know you were crying when you heard the news. The River Swale swelled to twice its normal size with your tears, as you sat there looking at your scrap book of his photos.
  11. The Swale only swelled as it was your monthly bath.
  12. I have a weekly shower in the Batts actually.

No really, were you sad when you heard the news?

We looked at his website today and he has already cancelled all his future concerts. I hope you get your refund.
  13. I've got all his records.
  14. Gene Pitney has been found dead in his hotel room, and has had several quotes for the funeral arrangements

A coffin made from oak fully lined with brass handles will take 2 weeks to make

But its only 24 hours from balsa

Boom boom.
  15. Don't you need to send them all off to the Y List now, since he's struck off strength.