• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gene Hunt - My new deity

I'm not gay or not very gay anyway. Yet I feel strangely drawn to worship at the shrine of DCI Gene Hunt. I missed the first time around of Life on Mars but now I would rather miss **** with a Filipina for free. He makes me laugh out loud and yet still manages to beat up nonces, Padddies, darkies and all of those non PC figures of the seventies!

Big Gene...I salute you!

[align=center]
[/align]

"I've come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace."

Did you read that he turned up at the bravest cop in Britain awards and he went on stage in his Gene Hunt garb and got the biggest cheer of the night from the assembled police contingent. Says something I think.

"He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course"

"I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"

:lol:

"You are surrounded by armed bastards!"

"Anything 'appens to this motor and I come over your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids."

"They reckon you've got concussion, but I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't *ever* waltz into my kingdom, acting king of the jungle."

Sam Tyler: This place is like Guantanamo Bay.
Gene Hunt: Keep off, it's nothing like Spain.

[Sam and Gene going door to door]
Sam Tyler: We're looking for this woman, Dora Keynes. Approximately five foot two, curly brown hair, hazel eyes, fake topaz necklace.
[At the next door, Gene snatches the photo from Sam before he can start]
Gene Hunt: We're looking for a short skinny bird, wears a big coat, lots of gob.

But credit where credit is due for this from DC Chris Skelton

"Someone needs to take a look at you boss, you're as white as a ginger bird's arse!"

Lovely

After Sam admits he was in love:
"You great soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, french, bender, Man United supporting puff!"

DCI Gene Hunt 1973

McVitie said:

"I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"

The full quote is top

Gene Hunt: I'm not a Catholic me'self Mr Warren, but isn't there something in the Bible about "Thou shalt not suck off rent boys"?
Warren: How dare you come in here!
Gene Hunt: You could have said that to the boy.

Same episode

Gene Hunt: Steven Warren is a bum bandit. Do you understand? A poof! A fairy! A queer! A queen! Fudge packer! Uphill Gardener! Fruit picking sodomite!
Sam Tyler: He's gay?
Gene Hunt: As a bloody Christmas Tree! Mind you, he is a little touchy on the subject, being a twisted Catholic with an elderly mother and all, so I wouldn't go mentioning it to him... You challenged his authority so he stitched you up like a kipper. Pretty girl appealed to your vanity as the only decent sheriff in Dodge City. Slipped you a Mickey, tied you up and bounced on your ding-a-ling.

taffridge said:
McVitie said:

The full quote is top

Gene Hunt: I'm not a Catholic me'self Mr Warren, but isn't there something in the Bible about "Thou shalt not suck off rent boys"?
Warren: How dare you come in here!
Gene Hunt: You could have said that to the boy.

Talking to a journalist:
"I listen to the snot in my hankie before I listen to you."

My kind of man, craggy looking as hell, straight forward, bolshy bastard, sense of humour, totally non=PC and a great arse! :lick:

And a way with words.
"Good work, Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Shit!"

"Chris Skelton: I wonder what killed him?.
Gene Hunt: That would be the bloody enormous hole in his chest where the bullet went in!"

"Gene Hunt: Now. Yesterday's shooting. The dealers are all so scared we're more likely to get Helen Keller to talk. The Paki in a coma's about as lively as Liberace's dick when he's looking at a naked woman, all in all this investigation's going at the speed of a spastic in a magnet factory.
(Sam Tyler, aghast, drops the radio he is holding.)
Gene Hunt: What?
Sam Tyler: Think you might have missed out the Jews
Gene Hunt: What?
Sam Tyler: I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.
Gene Hunt: What as opposed to one of those I-really-really-like-you sort of murders?"

Thats it Cuddles I am joining the Gene religion, What will they put on my dogtags DCIGH or GH or just Gene?

To confirm godlike status, here is a teaching from our Messiah

Gene Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to.
Sam Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
Gene Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing.

and

[to Ray Carling whom he had demoted a few months ago]
Gene Hunt: Good work, Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Sh1t!

someone remind me tomorrow - was in another office today with a Life on Mars booklet pinned to the wall may need scanning in to this thread.............................

In response to WDC Cartwright's comment that she hadn't been trained in the use of the firearm she had just been handed, Gene looks at her and says:

"Christ, you give a bloke a gun and it's a dream come true, give one to a bird and she complains that is don't go with 'er dress..."

Poppy said:
someone remind me tomorrow - was in another office today with a Life on Mars booklet pinned to the wall may need scanning in to this thread.............................
Do it, He does mention in one episode he did National Service, Further proof of Squaddyness is in this bit of dialogue

[Ordering the hunt for a murderer]
Gene Hunt: This is my city. And it will be a safe place for my wife and my mum to walk around in. Is that understood?
Detectives: Yes, guv.
Gene Hunt: [Sternly] Right. Find out who the dead woman was, find out who killed her. Do it now.
[He checks his watch]
Gene Hunt: Hold up, hold up. Do it tomorrow morning, first thing. [Brightly] Beer o'clock, gentlemen.

More Godlike by the second

And after disappearing upstairs with some bird at a swingers party

Gene Hunt: You know that guy in the Bible who tried to get a camel through the eye of a needle?
Sam Tyler: That would be Jesus.
Gene Hunt: Well, had nothing on Mrs Luckhurst.

My ribs hurt after watching the Cambelwick Green scene:

Hullo DI Tyler!(a puppet Sam waves to the camera)

How are you feeling?(Puppet Sam puts his head in his hands).

Is it DCI Hunt?(Puppet Sam nods his head).

Is he kicking in a Nonce?(Puppet Sam points off camera).

Cut to a Puppet Gene Hunt kicking the sh1te out of a Puppet Nonce.

Hullo DCI Hunt(Puppet Gene drops Puppet nonce in the gutter and waves to the camera - before putting the boot into the Puppet Nonce...)

PMSL. Sheer, undiluted genius.

Latest Threads