Gene Hunt - My new deity

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Cuddles, Aug 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not gay or not very gay anyway. Yet I feel strangely drawn to worship at the shrine of DCI Gene Hunt. I missed the first time around of Life on Mars but now I would rather miss **** with a Filipina for free. He makes me laugh out loud and yet still manages to beat up nonces, Padddies, darkies and all of those non PC figures of the seventies!

Big Gene...I salute you!

"I've come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace."
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Your scaring me now.
  3. Did you read that he turned up at the bravest cop in Britain awards and he went on stage in his Gene Hunt garb and got the biggest cheer of the night from the assembled police contingent. Says something I think.
  4. "WDC Cartwright...go and detect me a nice packet of Garibaldis!"
  5. ''You're moving faster than a spastic in a magnet factory'' had me curled up.
  6. "He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course"

"I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"

7. "You are surrounded by armed bastards!"

"Anything 'appens to this motor and I come over your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids."

"They reckon you've got concussion, but I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't *ever* waltz into my kingdom, acting king of the jungle."

Sam Tyler: This place is like Guantanamo Bay.
    Gene Hunt: Keep off, it's nothing like Spain.

[Sam and Gene going door to door]
    Sam Tyler: We're looking for this woman, Dora Keynes. Approximately five foot two, curly brown hair, hazel eyes, fake topaz necklace.
    [At the next door, Gene snatches the photo from Sam before he can start]
    Gene Hunt: We're looking for a short skinny bird, wears a big coat, lots of gob.

But credit where credit is due for this from DC Chris Skelton

"Someone needs to take a look at you boss, you're as white as a ginger bird's arse!"

8. "She sounds enigmatic" "No she's from Barnsley"
  9. After Sam admits he was in love:
    "You great soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, french, bender, Man United supporting puff!"

DCI Gene Hunt 1973
  10. A shrine it shall be. Just for bringing `nonce` back into popular parlance :p
  11. The full quote is top

Gene Hunt: I'm not a Catholic me'self Mr Warren, but isn't there something in the Bible about "Thou shalt not suck off rent boys"?
    Warren: How dare you come in here!
    Gene Hunt: You could have said that to the boy.

Same episode

Gene Hunt: Steven Warren is a bum bandit. Do you understand? A poof! A fairy! A queer! A queen! Fudge packer! Uphill Gardener! Fruit picking sodomite!
    Sam Tyler: He's gay?
    Gene Hunt: As a bloody Christmas Tree! Mind you, he is a little touchy on the subject, being a twisted Catholic with an elderly mother and all, so I wouldn't go mentioning it to him... You challenged his authority so he stitched you up like a kipper. Pretty girl appealed to your vanity as the only decent sheriff in Dodge City. Slipped you a Mickey, tied you up and bounced on your ding-a-ling.
  12. :lol:

Talking to a journalist:
    "I listen to the snot in my hankie before I listen to you."
  13. Ray Carling: I think it was a heart attack.
    Gene Hunt: Then it must've exploded out of his arse, there's blood all down his back.
  14. My kind of man, craggy looking as hell, straight forward, bolshy bastard, sense of humour, totally non=PC and a great arse! :lick:

And a way with words.
    "Good work, Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Shit!"

"Chris Skelton: I wonder what killed him?.
    Gene Hunt: That would be the bloody enormous hole in his chest where the bullet went in!"

"Gene Hunt: Now. Yesterday's shooting. The dealers are all so scared we're more likely to get Helen Keller to talk. The Paki in a coma's about as lively as Liberace's dick when he's looking at a naked woman, all in all this investigation's going at the speed of a spastic in a magnet factory.
    (Sam Tyler, aghast, drops the radio he is holding.)
    Gene Hunt: What?
    Sam Tyler: Think you might have missed out the Jews
    Gene Hunt: What?
    Sam Tyler: I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.
    Gene Hunt: What as opposed to one of those I-really-really-like-you sort of murders?"
  15. Thats it Cuddles I am joining the Gene religion, What will they put on my dogtags DCIGH or GH or just Gene?

To confirm godlike status, here is a teaching from our Messiah

Gene Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to.
    Sam Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
    Gene Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing.

[to Ray Carling whom he had demoted a few months ago]
    Gene Hunt: Good work, Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Sh1t!